Author Topic: Bow bracing peg board  (Read 5355 times)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Bow bracing peg board
« on: May 15, 2017, 09:58:51 am »
I've just made this peg board for tillering and bracing these highly reflexed bows.Been wanting to do this for some time.Made it plenty big I think.2' by 4.5'.The peg holes have not been drilled in yet.I'm a little overly cautious about where I put these holes.I imagine each peg board is made to suit it's owner on types and length of bows.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline DC

Re: Bow bracing peg board
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 10:03:00 am »
I would drill peg holes on as "as needed" basis. Eventually you will get to a point where you have enough holes to cover all the bases.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 10:15:31 am »
Yes I imagine it'll be arched rows of holes for different lengthed bows.The archs need to be just right.Using pre made bows to judge where they got to be.Every 2" spacing should work OK.
BowEd
Ed

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 12:55:20 pm »
Next door is the tillering tree.
BowEd
Ed

Offline Stick Bender

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 04:22:54 pm »
That will come in handy but your right one size will not fit all  but easy to change with deferent  holes it's on my to do list also it will come in handy for your up coming bows , wish I had the shop room you do I have to make every thing in mine movable !
If you fear failure you will never Try !

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 08:22:33 am »
This tractor shed is rather small really for a tractor shed.25' by 30'.I put some removable 2"by4" extensions on the ends of the peg board with inserted dowels getting another 7" of width in case of doing longer bows.Total width of possibly using 61" now.Just doodling around I guess.
BowEd
Ed

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 11:13:21 am »
Updated version..I had to put a 2' by 4" across the backside of the 3/4" plywood because the plywood was warped a bit so I drilled some 1/2" holes through the 2" by 4".Drilled and mounted 2 half inch dowels on the door stringer for it to slip onto.Solid as a rock.Right at chest level.

BowEd
Ed