Author Topic: Self Bows @ IBO World.  (Read 13162 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Self Bows @ IBO World.
« on: May 18, 2017, 03:43:06 am »
It seems that the self bows folks get a little left out at the IBO World, not sure why but just seems that way to me. I am a self bow guy and since the IBO World is at Twin Oaks a few of us had decided to make that different this year. We will have the top 10 scores for Self Bow off of the Hunter Challenge course have a shoot down, 5 targets head to head, last person standing wins. We will pay out the top 3 places.$500.00 for the winner/$300.00 for 2nd and $200.00 for 3rd.It will be sponsored by Arvin Weaver self bows[from this site]  /CD Archery [Calvin and Dwyane]and Twin Oaks bowhunters. We have had a good turn out from the self bow folks over the last few years we have done the World but hope to have a really big turn out this year, so if you are one of the self bow folks come out and support this. Love to see and meet ya if you haven't been there before. See ya in July. July 21/22/23. Info cell 615-456-5961 or [twinoaksbowhunters.org] [markbaggett@detdist.com]  I know a lot of you here aren't interested in competition but in case you are this is a great event and I would love to see the self bows numbers grow, we had a pretty big showing last year but I would love to see the glass folks overwhelmed with some of the finest bows in the World from right here at PA. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Buckeye Guy

Re: Self Bows @ IBO World.
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 04:17:35 pm »
Good for you Pappy , Arvin , and Twin oaks
the folks over at CD are good folks thanks for your support also
 I will share this over on Facebook  in hopes you pic up a few more
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 03:20:05 am »
Thanks Guy, much appreciated. I know a lot don't like this kind of stuff in the self bow world, I just never could figure why  :-\ It's like it is something shameful to compete or keep score. ??? Gary and Matt are supposed to be there so I will have a good time either way, just hope I have time to shoot. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 03:18:00 am »
Back up. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 01:30:06 pm »
Did primitive archers from our past compete? I think so. Never new a man or kid that could not stand not knowing how far he or she could shoot an arrow or see how tight a group of arrows be placed in a target. As a child we had to at least say once my bow will shoot farther than your bow!   (AT) It's fine to compete or not. But yes I would love to see 50 of the guys on here that brags about there hunting skills to show up and support selfbows and meet other like minded folks. Take a chance on getting part of that cash. It's not about the money. But it could buy your gas. I support this for several reasons. One if it's at Twin Oaks it's going to be good. I don't know of too many folks that support selfbows as much as  pappy. We just love turning a log into a hunting weapon! Two a little competition never hurt anyone. So if you need a challenge. I challenge you. I promise you if you can hit the kill zone most every time you don't have to worry about me. I would like to meet more of you guys in person. Arvin
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 03:45:31 am »
Thanks Arvin, yes it will be fun for sure and I just love seeing the faces of the Glass folks when we have the shoot down and the self bow folks hit the 10 ring, the look on their face is like how did they do that with that stick. Got to love that. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 06:34:43 am »
Nothing wrong with so good old fashion competition. Can't think of anything more primitive than that. :NN. I'd love to be there and watch. Maybe some me day I'll even make it and shoot, but for now just know any of you who are going to compete in this event I'm routing for ya. Arvin I think your exactly right and well written.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2017, 03:41:04 am »
Thanks BJ, yes I would love to have you down for a visit someday, love to meet ya. Maybe in Marshall next year if not before. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2017, 03:17:27 am »
Back up for any interested . ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2017, 12:49:15 pm »
I'm the World's Worst Shot, but I would enter this just for the fun of being in the competition if it didn't always seem to land on the same weekend as MOJAM.  I feel pretty religious about attending MOJAM. 

As far a competition, Guys will compete over beard length, tobacco juice spitting, and fart loudness.  So, ...I'm pretty sure archery competitions were established on the day after the bow was invented!  :)

OneBow

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2017, 03:15:13 am »
I hear ya OneBow, I hate the dates are the same but as I said in an earlier post it is tough to stay off of a good event anymore with all that are going on. This is our last year for the IBO for a while so maybe I can make it out that way next year, always wanted to go but seems always stuff going on that week.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2017, 08:27:56 am »
I love jamborees as much as anyone. But this shoot takes presidence this time. You guys have a big time at mojam though. Maybe next year I can make it to OJAM. Arvin
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!

Offline E. Jensen

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2017, 11:48:18 am »
If I ever make it out there I'd love to compete

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2017, 03:22:36 am »
Love to have you back some day E.Jensen. We have several around home that plan on shooting in it so it should be good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline E. Jensen

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2017, 01:46:40 pm »
I'll have to make it a plan for next year.  Mom is always happy to see me too.  Might also be around in the winter.  I've got a potential recurring contract in Arkansas I'll be driving out for.