Author Topic: Looking for a Guksi/Kuksa Scandinavian Style wooden Drinking Mug  (Read 2943 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Looking for a Guksi/Kuksa
Scandinavian Style wooden Drinking Mug

Like the one on this link-

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guksi

I have WDB rattlesnake skins for trade.
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline High-Desert

Re: Looking for a Guksi/Kuksa Scandinavian Style wooden Drinking Mug
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 10:59:59 pm »
Are you looking for one just like that one or just a kuksa? Original kuksa from the region didn't have a hole in the handle. Do you want it to be birch burl?
Eric

Offline criveraville

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 11:42:01 pm »
Are you looking for one just like that one or just a kuksa? Original kuksa from the region didn't have a hole in the handle. Do you want it to be birch burl?

Thank you for the response. I just want a Kuksa. Wooden and if possible birch burl, but not a deal breaker. As my fractured hip heals I was scrolling on Facebook and saw a video of a man making them. Really made me want one to drink coffee out of in my classroom. Perfect size for a keurig coffee machine. Do you happen to have one?
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline High-Desert

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 12:03:41 am »
I've made several before and I may have one still in the shop, but I think it's made of holly. If you don't work something out I'd be willing to make one however you want it.
Eric

Offline criveraville

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 12:12:08 am »
I've made several before and I may have one still in the shop, but I think it's made of holly. If you don't work something out I'd be willing to make one however you want it.

PM sent