Author Topic: Classic points  (Read 10469 times)

Offline iowabow

Classic points
« on: May 07, 2017, 08:16:08 am »
Here are a few points I made during the classic. James Parker an I had time to get into some good conversations about ABO knapping and a really cool techniques. It is always good to learn new things.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Stringman

Re: Classic points
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 05:31:25 pm »
With immediate results too! "Into mass, out of mass." Nice points and glad you two got to come down this year. Take care.

Offline nclonghunter

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2017, 07:29:34 pm »
Those look good John, but I always thought you did good work. Maybe you can pass on that knowledge one day. :KN
There are no bad knappers, only bad flakes

Offline iowabow

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2017, 08:54:24 pm »
Those look good John, but I always thought you did good work. Maybe you can pass on that knowledge one day. :KN
I will do that for sure and thanks for the complement but there is so much to learn and so few ABO Knappers out there. In addition to the in and out of mass conversation Steve went over my tools and his tools and sent me miles ahead of where I was at. I need to heat treat a new batch of stone and get to work with the new concepts and tool arrangements. Steve is a really good teacher who knows his stuff and is very generous with his knowelege. I will try to post some explanations as I get closer and can do justice to his technique and hopefully I might add a small part to the mix.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline bowmo

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 10:38:54 am »
Lookin' good man. Was bummed I couldn't make it this year.

Offline Tower

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 10:07:41 pm »
Absolutely beautiful lookin points.  I miss seeing your work.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2017, 11:48:24 pm »
Nice points, John. I didn't realize you were there long enough to make them.   ;D
 It was a pleasure meeting Annette. I hope she wasn't adversely overwhelmed with the 3 hour lithic reduction. The Classic is so much more.
Anyway, great to see you again And thanks for the honey. I mixed some with Gulden's mustard as a glaze on a salmon filet Monday night.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Sasquatch

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2017, 09:37:27 am »
good abo work!