Author Topic: The spirituality of Osage  (Read 2900 times)

Offline upstatenybowyer

Re: The spirituality of Osage
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2017, 08:04:32 pm »
BJ, befriending the HHB sprite is no small thing. She doesn't make herself available to just anyone. I'm still trying to convince her my intentions are good. We share the land as well, but she's only given in twice. We're working on a little something together right now, and all is good, but you know her... she can turn on a dime if you piss her off! lol.
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Offline Linc

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2017, 07:50:21 am »
I don't know about spirituality of osage. I just like working with osage especially when the stave has character. Humps, bumps, twists and turns, thick ring, thing rings, pins, knot holes. It is all good.  :BB

Offline rps3

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2017, 08:37:48 am »
You forgot to mention the therapeutic aroma it emits while heat bending, and fortunately there are not too many staves of osage that don't at least require a little heat. -C-

Offline Zuma

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2017, 09:30:20 am »
Perhaps inhaling the dust or smoking  the shavings???? (R (R
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Bob W.

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2017, 03:24:53 pm »
That's what keeps us coming back Jeff,  there nothing else like it and I have no one to talk to personally talk to about it. Even after a run.of bad luck breaking several bows that we're almost completed  I can't get enough.

Offline loon

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2017, 04:57:35 pm »
Shot someone's Osage bow (wavy character, dainty tips), I thought it was the sweetest shooting bow I'd ever shot