Author Topic: Knife project  (Read 3493 times)

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

Knife project
« on: May 25, 2017, 07:13:36 pm »
During the supply trade Osage Outlaw put on I received some cool gifts from Bryce. 1 being a Demascus knife blank and some African black wood. So with nothing much to do on some nasty evenings I decided to tackle it and see what I could do with it. The African Black wood was like working seasoned concrete. I picked up some 1/8" brass rod from Lowes to use as pins and 5 min epoxy to put it all together with. I stoned the edge in on the knife and it will shave your arm clean. I screwed up on the sheath but decided not to make another cause it's kinda growing on me. Thanks for looking.

Offline Red Arrow

Re: Knife project
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 07:26:24 pm »
I like that knife. It looks great. As for the sheath, I'd use those extra holes to put some sort of decorations on it if possible.
Runnin' the Ridge
Racin' the Wind

Red Arrow, aka Ron

Offline selfbow joe

• 1-812-344-1590
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 08:07:15 pm »
Nice looking knife. Great job

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 08:33:56 pm »
Love the knife, the sheath has character. :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline chamookman

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 03:33:02 am »
Great Knife ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2017, 02:21:10 am »
Good job on the knife.  Maybe some large head brass tacks cinched into the holes in the sheath for decoration would look nice!  Medicine beads on wire would also work, probably need a curved glover's needle to get them strung, though.
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry