Author Topic: shafts from TSA  (Read 2530 times)

Offline loon

shafts from TSA
« on: May 29, 2017, 01:07:13 am »
So, Wayne sent me a test kit of Sitka spruce shafts, very nice, 30-44# 34". And they're still in my closet..
I think the first thing I'll do is just leave them full length but put regular glue-on points and nocks on.

They'll be something like 18gpp with my bow which is kind of nuts, but I guess it's fine for getting a starting point of what sort of arrow spine I need? Or would it not be, if I'm switching to 9-12gpp later?
I was fantasizing about barreling them, making fancy nocks etc, but that makes more sense for later.
hopefully I'll post pretty pictures later. I'm thinking of eventually dyeing/staining them.. coating them in tung oil+shellac..

Offline loon

Re: shafts from TSA
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 06:58:35 pm »
The shafts... with the sacrilegious bow. Yes, it has glass. 50" long, 32" draw.. it'd be really cool to have a grass/sinew one :p Maybe later.
Tomorrow, I should be able to borrow a nock/point taper tool, and probably a fletching jig.

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 07:18:48 pm »
This is an arrow page not a bow page......
    "Show Me The Arrows"..........:)
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 10:25:39 pm »
If they were that super rare black osier, they would be real neat with that bow!👹😂 :NN
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 07:28:29 am »
Black osier arrows look good with every bow. Good luck finding some. It helps if you find a good test kit in the leather dying section. It might even help you find some equally elusive black Sitka spruce. 8)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2017, 08:01:27 am »
Nice to see some of those true shaft shafts. Keep us updated on a build along
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise