Author Topic: Elm Hall MI.  (Read 46608 times)

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
Re: Elm Hall MI.
« Reply #105 on: August 07, 2017, 10:51:07 am »
We were home by 7 pm.
Great great event.
Though Carol is not typically "thumbs up"  about the great outdoors, she volunteered several times about enjoying herself and the wonderful  group of gals and guys who made us feel right at home.
As someone said, was good to see/visit with Pappy when he's in relaxed frame of mind.
It's always special to be surrounded by PA friends ... who have become just plain special special  friends.
We'll likely be back!

Will post pics when get my %$#@ puter fixed.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #106 on: August 07, 2017, 04:49:55 pm »
I took a few days worth, hopefully somebody else took more. Once more people started showing up I took no pics. These are all the first few days, after BJ left for home.

That first one is Bill and Nater taters river cane bows. They took my cut offs and made bows and arras.

The second one is an example of Nates perfect form. Notice he is standing under the pink shooting tape, he doesn't walk up. Nope, he shoots wherever we do.

An early-in group photo

The last one is a pic of my BFF, Cath.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 04:56:04 pm by PEARL DRUMS »
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #107 on: August 07, 2017, 05:01:15 pm »
First pic is Mike whittlin' on an elm bow. It turned out just fine.

Second is Bill and his bride Kim just arriving.

Is it raining? It did that plenty on Thursday, but we all made it through.

Last is a pic of Paulys bow. Osage, rawhide grip and sinew string. That little bugger slung a pretty nice arrow.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #108 on: August 07, 2017, 05:04:22 pm »
Here are a few pics of the sweet turkey feather backed bow Bill made for Greg. It was gorgeous and has the prettiest bend ya'll ever did see.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #109 on: August 07, 2017, 05:09:10 pm »
First pic is just for Clint Yoder Anders

Second is a mountain man breakfast Pauly and I tossed together one morning. Its so good and well worth the effort and wait to eat it.

Which way is the smoke coming from???

Last one is a typical night/late afternoon. We all last until 10pm-2 am in the morning. Lots of great conversation to be had and we all learn a little more about each other every night we sit around a fire. Its one of my favorite parts.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #110 on: August 07, 2017, 05:14:05 pm »
These last two provoke more than a few questions and thoughts.

Firstly. Who's shower privy is that and who is using it???? Mike???? My BFF is in her chair chillin' like a villin'. Cant be her in there.

Secondly. I think we all know what Nater tater is thinking here. But, you're welcome to post your comments in regards.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #111 on: August 07, 2017, 05:26:23 pm »
Paps, need me to take over?
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #112 on: August 07, 2017, 05:37:47 pm »
I don't think it was Pauly in there showering......My nose knows better.  :)

Grampa.....what's your problem, eh?
DBar
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 06:12:20 pm by Danzn Bar »
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #113 on: August 07, 2017, 06:27:20 pm »
I'm going with Bills comments...

Had a great time as always. it's sad I only get to see some of my best friends a couple times a year but it's well worth it.  we didn't spend any time in the tent working on bows  but a whole lot of time cooking and hanging around the fire.  didn't take too many pictures but here's what I got

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #114 on: August 07, 2017, 06:28:41 pm »
 only a couple more

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #115 on: August 07, 2017, 07:36:49 pm »
Great Pictures Guys..Thanks
I've got to start taking some, pictures are the best way to show the good times.
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #116 on: August 07, 2017, 07:57:48 pm »
pictures are the best way to show the good times.
DBar

Unless ya break the "what happens at _ _ _ _ _  stays at _ _ _ _ _ "  code.    ;D

Offline Stixnstones

« Reply #117 on: August 07, 2017, 08:11:08 pm »
Another great gathering at elm hall this year...  again 4 days slipped by in a blink of an eye. I cant say enough about these P.A. folks. My wife and Pearlies bff Cathi came with me and yet again within an hour she tells me " ok , i love all these guys" Between all the food , laughter and shootin there was a small amount of sleep and all around fun. Thanx to Pine River for an amazing club to camp at. And again thanx to the cool guys, we love all of yall
DevilsBeachSelfbows

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #118 on: August 07, 2017, 08:42:35 pm »
Great pictures!  I could smell the bacon  (=)
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Stixnstones

« Reply #119 on: August 07, 2017, 08:50:01 pm »
Paul's campfire ribs and bbq chicken are to die for... seriously some of the best bbq i've ever had, hands done... thanx buddy
DevilsBeachSelfbows