Author Topic: Elm Hall MI.  (Read 46598 times)

Offline Danzn Bar

Re: Elm Hall MI.
« Reply #120 on: August 07, 2017, 09:00:38 pm »
You know...when Paul's in camp you'll eat good. that's for sure..
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #121 on: August 08, 2017, 02:49:37 am »
Thanks for the pictures, great time for sure and really enjoyed see all of yall. Over way to quick but we have next year to look forward to. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #122 on: August 08, 2017, 06:35:09 am »
Thanks for sharing all the stories and pictures everyone. Gotta figure out how to spend more time there next year. Sure was great to spend the time I did. Was worth driving 5 hours round trip to spend 20 hours there.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #123 on: August 08, 2017, 07:22:25 am »
Great pictures so far guys.
Well as usual I was having so much fun I forgot to get many pics but have some to share. Time in camp was a delight, as the others said good food, good conversation and lots of laughter. The PA gang are some of the best people to have as friends and Sharon, Nathan and I truly enjoy each gathering and reconnecting with our pals. Can't wait for next spring when we can all meet up again.
Most of the pics I got were around camp but a few are from the range, the course and from stave gathering for next years raffle bow builds.

I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #124 on: August 08, 2017, 07:25:14 am »
and some pics of archery activities;

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #125 on: August 08, 2017, 07:29:44 am »
and more camp pics plus gathering staves for next years raffle bows;

Offline bubby

« Reply #126 on: August 08, 2017, 07:54:25 am »
Great pics and looks like a great time had by all, greg is that your bag anknife in the last pic? Very nice
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #127 on: August 08, 2017, 07:57:02 am »
Great pictures guy's! Looks like another fun event. Looks like a little different type of "feel"  to it than mojam or Marshall.  But thats what makes it special.  Hope to be able to make it up there one day.  Keep the pics coming guy's!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #128 on: August 08, 2017, 08:11:28 am »
Great pictures guys, thanks for bringing us along.  Looks like a great time.  I don't know that I have ever seen Bill without a bandana on, I guess he's gotta be presentable when he's with the missus  ;).
Also looks like Pauley whipped up another nice camp fire set, looks great bud.
Nate is gonna be showing us how this bow building stuff is really done before long.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #129 on: August 08, 2017, 09:23:19 am »
Nice pics Pauly and Greg.

If you look closely at the pic of Nate shooting the 50 yard muley buck you can see his arrow in flight just above the antlers. Its white colored.

Bill always starts with no bandana, fresh and clean. Then as the weekend wears on he cracks out his gansta' apparel and "G's" it up ya'll.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Otis

« Reply #130 on: August 08, 2017, 04:02:48 pm »
Great pictures Greg. Missed you guys this last weekend for sure.  Pearlie, missed hanging out with you and Paul too.  Always enjoy sitting around the fire with you guys.  Hopefully won't happen again.

David

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #131 on: August 08, 2017, 05:20:41 pm »
Yeah Bub, that bag was made by or donated by JW at the classic a few years ago and I was lucky enough to win it in a raffle there. The knife is a hand forged beauty I picked up a couple months ago.
Ah ya noticed that sweet cooking grate Aaron. Yep Pauly made 3 more and generously gifted one each to me, Stix and Pearly. That sucker worked beautifully and I'm sure all 3 will be used a lot in the future. Thanks Paul that was one cool gift my friend.
I also came home with a stunning feather backed bow made by Mr. Dancing Bear and Bill also gifted Nate some gorgeous
arrows he handcrafted to shoot perfectly from his bow. Both of us were floored by Bills work and thoughtful gifts.
David, I noticed your absence this year. Hope you can make it next time along with your grandson.

Thanks to the Elm Hall Crew for a great time. The course was a blast, the Saturday night feed was delicious, and the raffle
was fun. I don't think there was a soul there that didn't enjoy every minute of the weekend. :)

Offline chamookman

« Reply #132 on: August 09, 2017, 02:59:01 am »
Thanks to all for posting pics  :OK ! Wish I could have been there to say Hello. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline PNewton

« Reply #133 on: August 09, 2017, 11:42:31 am »
I thought it was a great time. Good to see everyone. Thanks to Chris, Paul, Greg, Sharon and Mike for sharing your campfire with me. You guys are tops in hospitality.

Ryan, its was fun shooting with you and Lacy. She's a hoot when she opens up and quite the trash talk. I still chuckle about her comment when I went to get the arrows at the croc. Thanks.

Special thanks to the PRRC crew. The course is great. Quite the value for the cost. Don't mind spending extra for the raffle items.

Good pictures everyone.

Paul

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #134 on: August 09, 2017, 06:46:13 pm »
We left home on Monday. There's definitely some gear missing ...... wayyyy too much room remaining in car.

Spent couple days at Mom's doing all the chores she had waiting for us.

Then off to Elm Hall on Wed. Arrived late afternoon. There was lots 'n' lots of camping space available on Wednesday.

That would change dramatically by Fri eve!

Home sweet home for a few days.

Note the small pink cooler in foreground.

On one of our trips to the "outside world" we found a peahen and her lil one.

Cast of some of the characters . . . . .

Carol was a bit excited when she won elm bow Pearl donated to the raffle table.

I'm bit pleased too!

Saturday night's concert at Rocky's Grove was a good time.

That was a FAST 6 days!!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857