Author Topic: Elm Hall MI.  (Read 46670 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Elm Hall MI.
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2017, 08:12:05 pm »
looks like I won't make it this year, either. I'll be in Pocatello, Idaho working then. The company's already got the plane ticket, motel and truck, leaving this Saturday.

I'll guess I have to make it next year when I retire, too.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2017, 01:01:48 pm »
Right around the corner now, fellas. Looking very forward to it. Its been a crazy summer at home and I'm ready to relax, shoot bows, eat, drink and laugh. All of which I can do right at the club!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2017, 10:58:19 am »
It's going to be fair week and my son's last year showing animals. Also have three grandkids showing to. We did manage to get our wheat off so I still might possibly get to sneak out for a day. I need to see when all the animals are going to be shown and sold. Love to get over there and meet a few more faces and see some I already know again. Got my fingers crossed.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2017, 07:59:01 am »
Yep this time next week I will be setting around the fire talking to this fellow.  :) See yall soon.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2017, 10:57:25 am »
The Wife is considering tagging along. She's not into the archery addiction. Carol IS into talking!
Since this would be her 1st outing to an archery-related event, I want her to have good time so she'll consider doing it again.
Think she'll find plenty to be occupied with for 3-4 days?
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2017, 01:48:14 pm »
Im sure she can stay busy Mike. The grounds are big, she always go around for a walk.  A few vendors will be around. Several folks just stand behind the rail at the bag targets and just watch people shoot them. The money bear is always good to watch for a while, very entertaining. And of course sitting in the shade and reading a book or sipping a totty is always a good time.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2017, 07:02:56 pm »
This is going to be the longest week ever.....My first Elm Hall was last year, my wife and I ....on the spur of the moment decided to go.  It's our wedding anniversary month, so we got a little motel in a town (Alma?) down the road and we had a blast at the shoot.......  on the way home that year she say we have got to go next year and stay another day........so the stage is set, we will be there this year Thursday noon until Sunday.  But Sorry we do not share our room shower....:) :)
DBar 
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 07:51:03 pm by Danzn Bar »
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2017, 09:09:22 pm »
Sounds like my kinda shoot. Beware pearly, Mike is in full in shooting mode after his mojam jug shoot. We would have taken first if it wasn't for a good natured fo pa. The old guy us in his game and probably looking to make some money after the auction, so beware of any bets he might try and make. :BB
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2017, 09:22:59 pm »
Dave are you sure your speaking for Mr. Mike at Elm Hall.????  He seems to me like a very mellow fellow...:)
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2017, 09:35:50 pm »
Mike sure is a crack shot! There's two things I would never bet mike on
1- shooting the course
2-a drinking contest ( although I've been practicing this more than shooting lately)

If all goes well I'll be pulling in by 5 on Wednesday. Look forward to hanging out with everyone

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2017, 09:50:49 pm »
That's all Mike dies is shoot! Lol. I was surprised he wanted me in his team for the jug shoot. I know he has been practicing and I think bits all been for elm hall. Good luck Paul. Mike has also been practicing his drinking game at mojam, add in his new cooler, and he's a triple threat!

Bill, don't let Mike fool you with his calm and quiet demeanor, he's a party animal!
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2017, 10:36:24 pm »
SHEEEEZ!     O:)
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2017, 03:59:41 am »
5 days for me and counting. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2017, 05:37:41 am »
Long term forecast has it looking nice, temperature wise. I never bank on rain, or it not raining. But the temps are looking low 80s/low60s. I can dig that like a hole. Ill be rolling in Wednesday after work some time or another, my tin tent may already be there.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2017, 06:10:43 am »
Right now it looks like my only chance might be sneak in for Wednesday possibly stay till Thursday morning but I won't have my camper. Think I got a tent or two around here somewhere yet. Sounds like might be a few guys there then, or at least that night.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise