Author Topic: Easy ABO  (Read 12816 times)

Offline Outbackbob48

Easy ABO
« on: May 30, 2017, 08:39:52 am »
Made these 2 points out of some maghony obsidian, easier material for me, not so easy though as I managed to break my preform and ended with 2 points instead of 1 larger point, Both points made with hammerstone and antler pressure flaker, starting to think that I can push flakes further with antler pressure flaker than a copper one :o :-K Bob

Offline Ed Brooks

Re: Easy ABO
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 10:15:39 am »
nice points,
It's in my blood...

Centralia WA,

Offline nclonghunter

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 10:14:22 am »
Nice work Bob, interesting about driving flakes with antler.
There are no bad knappers, only bad flakes

Offline bowmo

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 10:23:51 am »
Lookin good. And it wouldn't surprise me if you can pop off longer flakes with antler, a lot of guys seemed to be confused on how well it works for pressure...just needs a lot more maintenance and less abrading.   

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 02:30:00 pm »
Bowmo, more mateince for sure. >:(

Offline bowmo

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 09:55:42 am »
Haha, you get use to it after a few days.

Offline iowabow

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2017, 06:23:27 am »
Lookin good. And it wouldn't surprise me if you can pop off longer flakes with antler, a lot of guys seemed to be confused on how well it works for pressure...just needs a lot more maintenance and less abrading.
hey I have the very same belief until I sat with James a couple weeks ago. May have a hard time explaining myself here we need to talk on the phone. Do you still have my number. I want to tell you some stuff he layed on me. He kinda blew my mind.
I have been real busy finishing the facility next door and need to really practice what he showed me.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!