Main Discussion Area > Letters to the Editor

Concern for our future

(1/5) > >>

Stringman:
I am nobody. That doesn't bother me. I walk into a crowd and become part of it as it ebbs and flows to the rhythm of an unheard beat. I don't stand out. I am not physically or intellectually inspiring. My workmanship is average and I have made peace with that lot. I enjoy life and my family loves the man I am. I work hard and do my best to raise my daughter to be a good and honest person. Call me "Everyman" if you want but I'm not looking for a title. I don't have an agenda, and I'm not looking for accolades.

My concern is for the wellbeing of this magazine. I have had my ear to the ground and the rumblings are becoming louder. I have listened to our members complain about content and respect. I have heard stories of no payments, no hats, and no replies. Readership is down, bills are due, and distributors are bankrupt. Are we witnessing the end of an era? Is there any reason to believe Primitive Archer is still good for its word?

This forum is an oasis on the World Wide Web. It has been an incredible source of entertainment and information. It is largely self policed, and many of those fine folks I've personally met. Good men and women that I would gladly stand alongside. It would be a shame if this refuge were to disolve while we stood by and watched.

wildcat hunter:
 I don't understand, I thought everything was fine - lots of input from members. What is the problem ? Finances ? How can it be helped ?

Stringman:
Those are good questions. Not sure I have all the answers, but it starts with integrity. If I agree to swap this for that, I expect to give "this" and get "that".  If this model breaks down and integrity is lost then this whole microcosm we enjoy here folds up.

Primitive archer depends on good writing and good writers are hard to find. If checks continue to be scarce material ceases to come in. Subscriptions are canceled because there's nothing to read. And this forum shuts down for lack of funds. Queries have been made and folks are seeking replies. There's plenty of generous minded folks on this site and if open discussion was made, who knows what solutions might be found.

And that is all I'm after, good honest discussion on the situation.

PEARL DRUMS:
Perfectly worded, Scott. Last weekend I sat around a fire with about 15 PA forum members and not much said was positive when we discussed the magazine. It wasn't about blended content either. 

Calendargirl:
Stringman,
You are always free to reach out to me directly with any questions as always. 
Marie@primitivearcher.com
calendargirl@primitivearcher.com

Primitive Archer Magazine does not have plans to go anywhere.  We are a magazine dependent on subscriber base, advertisers, and distributors as are all magazines.  The magazine supports this forum free of charge.  We do hope people find it useful and a haven for those passionate about Primitive Archery and Primitive Weaponry.  Hopefully they will let us know that and of course our hope is for more subscribers and potentially advertisers out of providing the forum.     

I believe that the title of this thread "Sad to see it go" is misleading to our readership.

we appreciate your faithful contributions to our forum and your faithful renewal of your subscription for the past 9 years.   

Calendargirl

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version