Author Topic: I wanna be more accurate  (Read 5814 times)

Offline bradsmith2010

Re: I wanna be more accurate
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2017, 01:07:54 pm »
sometimes I practice one arrow at a time,,
sometimes I will shoot a group,, if I have enough arrows,,:)
I think its good to switch it up,,
and do some roving and stump shooting to ,,  (-S

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2017, 01:35:20 pm »
I will take 6 or 8 arrows and just toss them in random places out in the yard from maybe 10 yards to 20 yards and at various angles. Then walk to each one and shoot from there. I can shoot more arrows and still mix it up nicely.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2017, 02:43:32 pm »
I like that Pearl gonna have to try that.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2017, 11:45:28 pm »
I overheard part of a conversation at a big 3D shoot a couple of years ago that came to mind when I read the title of your post.  A young man who had recently bought a longbow after years of shooting a compound bow asked one of the top scoring shooters for advice.  He said, "what is the fastest way for me to improve enough to become competitive with the longbow?"  The fellows he was talking with were all older guys, some of them shooting since the early sixties.  One of them said "go and shoot 500,000 arrows as quick as you can."  There was a little chuckle over that, followed by some quiet reflection.  How many shots a day for how many years???  He may not have been too far off with the math.... :-\
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi