Author Topic: Tiller check?  (Read 3633 times)

Offline Danzn Bar

Re: Tiller check?
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2017, 10:03:37 pm »
If your looking for longitivity of the bow........more bend in the outer portion of the limbs would be best.....You most likely have "screamer" bow there as build but if you want a bow to last a while...more bend in the outer limbs (balance) is better. JIMO....
DBar

'
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2017, 10:18:59 pm »
I think I'd have to agree with Dbar. Not sure it's worth changing anything now on this one but for your next one I'd try to get a little more movement mid to outer limb. Just keep the static tips from bending. I still like most of my movement inner 1/3 but I like to get the rest moveing a little. Not so much that you have wippy tips just so the whole limb is bending. It will help keep the set to a minimum and as Dbar said make your bow last longer.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline steve b.

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2017, 11:15:29 pm »
Agree with these guys.  I like the left limb more.  However, that is not an easy tiller, at least for me, it seems like a lot of work.  I'd still like to see your width taper and a bow in hand/full draw pic.  If the fades didn't take set you'd have  to have a more rounded tiller.
I'm looking at it thinking, 'thank God for osage'.  Bottom line is that its an excellent effort and I'm not sure i could do it.  FWiW.  I like this kind of thing more than the pretty bows and would vote BOM, especially if you put 100 arrows through it and keep that unbraced look.

Offline mxalex229

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2017, 07:21:50 am »
Thanks all for the help! Starting on the finish work soon. Its currently sitting 52# at 29", after tapering the limbs a bit and sanding I'm hoping for a comfortable 45# at 29".... we shall see.

Offline Badger

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2017, 11:34:13 am »
  Hard to believe that is your second bow, that would be a nice job for anyone.