Author Topic: Montana Selfbow Jamboree - 1st Annual  (Read 5660 times)

Offline Carson (CMB)

Montana Selfbow Jamboree - 1st Annual
« on: June 16, 2017, 05:56:02 pm »
Montana Selfbow Jamboree - 1st Annual
Logan, Montana
June 30th, July 1st, July 2nd.

Check it out in Facebook and the Montana Traditional Bowhunters website.

I will be going and representing Echo Archery and Surewood Shafts. Sure to be a great time.
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline Dvshunter

Re: Montana Selfbow Jamboree - 1st Annual
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 08:51:32 pm »
If anyone heading there wants to pick me up in St. Louis, I'm in!
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Stoker

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 04:59:00 pm »
Love to go only couple of hours away.. Maybe next year going to the island for NALS that weekend and some salmon fishing.. Be a good time
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 05:54:12 pm »
Hope it's success! Certainly have plentiful beautiful locations in that state for such a gathering.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 05:55:51 pm »
Can't be there this year best of luck to all who attend. Arvin
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!

Offline JonW

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2017, 04:53:35 pm »
Carson say hello to all my Okie buddies.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2017, 11:26:41 pm »
Carson,
Not having my road atlas handy, where in Montana is Logan?  Can 't make it this year -no selfbow :BB! But it is probably about a long haul anyway. Hope it is a good shoot and a huge success!   

DVS - any excuse to get out of St. Louis at this time of year is acceptable.  It is hot and muggy or cold and dank, but if I remember correctly there were a couple of days in May and October when it was pleasant.  Grew up there and came west courtesy of the Army, stayed here more or less!  Only about a 24 hour push, not counting pit stops to Montana 8) >:D
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline mobow

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2017, 01:46:05 pm »
Really cool to see this happening.  I will be in Southern Colorado camping and visiting national parks.  I will put it on my list for next year.  I hear Montana has some National parks.  I am on a mission to visit them all.  Keith

Offline gifford

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2017, 04:32:27 pm »
Keith, that's a noble ambition. Good Luck. I've seen quite a few of them. Check out the lifetime pass - it's a bargain.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2017, 09:04:52 pm »
Keith,
Enjoy the journey, while you're at it come on up to northern Colorado and catch Rocky Mountain NP! Drop in for a cold one.  We are at the bottom of Big Thompson Cayon in Loveland.  About 2 or 3 hours. From the Sand Dunes.  Unless you love big cities, take the toll road E-470 around Denver, but there is construction going on
Hawkdancer (Jerry Mc Connell)
Jerry

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2017, 08:32:01 pm »
So fsr this summer  we have had a comfortable summer. Temps in the upper seventies amd loes in the high fifties mostly! But you are right...mist of t g e tine its pretty bad.  :D
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2017, 12:47:49 am »
Stealing the thread a bit here -I remember many nights it was so hot we could hear the lions roaring at the zoo and we were more than a mile away! Fireflies were beautiful, (and the mosquitos were big enough that we had to go to the hooter in pairs, one carried a shotgun to protect the other >:D!).  Loved to watch the nighthawks after mosquitos, we see them out here now and then, both nighthawks and skeeters!  Hope it stays pleasant for you!
Hawkdancer
Jerry

Offline Patches

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2017, 08:22:24 am »
Good luck on your get together Carson! If I was a bit closer I would try to make.  I love Montana.  Been there several times.  Maybe next year...

Neal
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2017, 03:28:55 pm »
Carson
Looks like you folks did a good job
We have a few pics coming in over in the Primitive Archery Society  Facebook group and they look like a sweet time to me
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2017, 01:22:15 am »
Carson
Looks like you folks did a good job
We have a few pics coming in over in the Primitive Archery Society  Facebook group and they look like a sweet time to me
agreed with guy by the pics... Looks great!
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.