Author Topic: Rabbit dog training  (Read 4101 times)

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Rabbit dog training
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2017, 02:59:01 pm »
I agree Hawkdancer. My buddies wife just loves their cur. Most all of my old dogs where mutts. Had a couple labs, not purebred but pretty smart dogs. My Black-n-Tan Walker was the only one with papers. One of my neighbors gave up on him and gave him to me. He took a lot of work to get straightened out. Finally got him to be a decent hound and he ended up getting hit on the road one night. Buried him in the garden to keep the raccoons out of the sweetcorn. I do think my best chance is for my wife to agree to a cur.
Bjrogg is
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Zuma

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2017, 02:06:22 am »
Which one is the rabbit?   (A)

Holy c#ap I had to stop here. Pat you are evil. >:D
lol Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2017, 03:28:06 am »
Ya BJ I have had two Mountain Curs, both great dogs, Sally the one I have now momma was a full blooded Mountain cur and daddy a lab, [traveling man he was]  ;) she is a very sweet dog. Every cur I have ever been around was a joy and loved to please. I love and get along with most any dog and always keep 2 around. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2017, 05:40:59 pm »
BJ,
Sent you a pm re: curs.  Don't want to steal the thread from Old Blind Dog any worse than we have
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry