Author Topic: Ugly Bow  (Read 2024 times)

Offline Eric Krewson

Ugly Bow
« on: June 24, 2017, 11:05:01 am »
I was experimenting with a different bow design in my shop, it came out a little wonky in the looks department with mismatched parts but shot really well. I made it with short static recurve tips like the bows in Chet Stevenson's book " From The Den Of The Old Bowhunter". The couple I shoot with travel around shooting all the major tournaments, I have been shooting with them for at least 30 years. Danny is an OK shot but Julia is one of the best in the country.

She bought one the first bows I ever sold 20 years ago and wore it out over the years. I resurrected it a few times but it finally gave up the ghost. She had other wood bows but always liked mine so I gave her my somewhat ugly experimental bow, she loved it.

I found out recently that she won the national championship for selfbows at Cloverdale a couple weeks ago with the bow I gave her. It is more about the shooter than the bow but still nice that she used my bow.

Julia and her ugly bow.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Ugly Bow
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 01:34:38 pm »
I don't see anything ugly there Eric. Congratulations to Julia. Happy for both of you.
Bjrogg

A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline shofu

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 10:43:01 pm »
Super cool! Function before fashion - what kind of wood?
Cheers,
George

Offline chamookman

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 02:58:40 am »
Great Bow Eric, and congrats Julia  (SH)  :OK ! Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 06:39:19 am »
Yep I seen it at the Classic and feel sure I will see it again at the IBO World, and yes she is a very good shot. She gave the one she won at the Classic a couple of years ago to another lady that had wanted it, it was built by PatB because she said she had a new one, I didn't know who had given it to her, now I know.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good