Author Topic: Set-back handles?  (Read 2934 times)

Offline upstatenybowyer

Re: Set-back handles?
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2017, 07:15:50 pm »
Simson, thank you for reminding me about those. I know I've seen them on your website, but having them all together on that link is very helpful.

They're all amazing, but I particularly love that plains bow. The coolest thing about it is the difference between the unbraced and braced pics. I don't really see the "gullwing profile in the unbraced pic (just looks reflexed), but when it's braced, it magically takes on that gullwing shape. How in the heck did you do that??? You da man Simson.  :)
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2017, 09:32:25 pm »
I really like that one to Upstate. I've got a HHB that has a natural reflex kink right in the handle. I'm just floor tillering it so far but I think it's going to have that five curve brace profile. Like Simson's it has a lot of twist and alignment issues to overcome. Hopefully I came line it up and make it a shooter.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2017, 07:45:29 am »
Sounds like a cool project BJ. Let us know how it works out...  (-P
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Offline simson

• stonehill-primitive-bows
    • stonehill-primitive-bows
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2017, 10:16:43 am »
Simson, thank you for reminding me about those. I know I've seen them on your website, but having them all together on that link is very helpful.

They're all amazing, but I particularly love that plains bow. The coolest thing about it is the difference between the unbraced and braced pics. I don't really see the "gullwing profile in the unbraced pic (just looks reflexed), but when it's braced, it magically takes on that gullwing shape. How in the heck did you do that??? You da man Simson.  :)

Make the recurves and the 'V' - reflex first, then begin tillering from the outers. Last reduce the handle, so that it just bend a bit. That's all!
Simon
Bavaria, Germany

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2017, 02:06:50 pm »
Cool.  8) Thanks Simson!

Nigerian Proverb