Main Discussion Area > Bow of the Month Contest

Bow of the Month change

(1/7) > >>

Calendargirl:
Those of you that enjoy and/or participate in Bow of the Month we have a new person who is now handling BOM.  He is ready and willing and we are so excited he has stepped up to the plate.
If you have sent in any entries of Bows since the last contest, please resend to "Stickhead" - Tom Allen. 
And give him a hearty welcome and a gracious Thank You! for coming alongside and keeping BOM going.

Calendargirl

Pat B:
I'd like to thank Cipriano for all the time and effort he had contributed to BOM and to the PA site in general. Cipriano is a long time member and like most of our members he has contributed a great deal to this wonderful site. Cipriano stepped forward to take over BOM when it was needed and has done a great job with it but now it was time for someone else to take over the task.
 Thanks Cipriano for all you've done for PA over the years.  We all look forward to your contributions to PA in the future and to more snake skins as we need them.
 I also like to welcome Stickhead, our new BOM moderator. Tom has volunteered his services to take over BOM. BOM is of the members and for the members so lets all welcome Tom to his new position and help him get through this transition. Without bows to post we don't have BOM so when you are finished with a new bow, submit it for BOM consideration. Don't think you are not good enough to submit a bow for BOM consideration. Everyone is welcomed to enter and all that is necessary is a full draw pic. Other pics are welcomed but you need at least a full draw pic to be considered. This is another way of becoming a better bowyer by knowing you will be going up against some of the best wood bowyers around so you will go the extra mile to make the best bow you can.
 If folks that won BOM once or more and don't want to be considered for BOM just be sure you indicate "not for BOM" and Tom will not add your bow for consideration.
 Now, let's get back to building bows and arrows and helping others learn how to be the best bowyers they can be. THats what it is all about...passing on the tradition of classic archery!!!   :OK

Calendargirl:
Well said PatB!  Cipriano carried the mantle for a very long time and carried it well.  We have had some awesome members step up over the years with this project that was started by Don Berg.  We have greatly appreciated all that Cipriano has done for the BOM as well as the guys before him.  It isn't a job for the faint at heart. We are pleased that  Stickhead was willing to carry on the tradition of BOM.

If you have any ideas on what you want to see with BOM please send those on to Tom.  Looking forward to seeing the new bow entries.

gfugal:
Do you still need a subscription to the magazine to submit a bow to bow of the month? I know when i finish a good one i would like to submit mine, but i don't intend on getting the magazine so i thought i was out of luck, but then Pat was saying anyone can. So i don't know.

To clarify, i don't doubt the magazines are great and a lot of effort goes in to them. But, i'm young and i rely on the internet for my reading and have never subscribed to any magazine. I don't plan to either because I have never found interest in the ones i've picked up laying around. I guess i'm too ADHD and am very selective of what i feel i want to read or i loose interest fast, hence i realy on web searches to pull up what i would like.

PEARL DRUMS:
You do need a subscription, Greg.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version