Author Topic: Continuing my work with BOM  (Read 4486 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Continuing my work with BOM
« on: June 29, 2017, 09:49:41 am »
I would like to address my role with the Bow of the month contest. In September it will be seven years that I have been doing BOM. During that course several people have been added to the magazine in a paid role. When I volunteered for BOM I knew it was work that I would do for free. However, on May 17, I sent Ed Ingold, Marie and Monroe Luther the following email-

"Good evening. I wanted to discuss continuing the work I do for PA with BOM. I have enjoyed doing BOM for the last six years and wish to continue. However, I would like ask to paid for my continued services. Financially it would be a huge help to my family and I. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Cipriano Rivera"

I have not "resigned" from BOM. I have not stated that I will not continue to do BOM. On the contrary I have been clear that I want to continue with my duties for BOM, but I would like to be paid.

Unfortunately, I have not received a definitive response or answer to my question if I will be paid to continue my work. I sell snakes skins, give swimming lessons in the summer and tutor people to make extra money to provide for my family. I would rather be paid for something love writing about than the other side jobs I have. I would love to continue to do BOM, but I am unable to continue on a voluntary /free bases.

I am sorry for the confusion/miscommunication, but I wanted to clear the air up. I'm not quitting. I have not resigned and I did not give up, but I would need to be paid to continue.

Thank you all for your support the last almost seven years. It has been my upmost honor to serve you.

Cipriano Rivera
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline simson

• stonehill-primitive-bows
    • stonehill-primitive-bows
Re: Continuing my work with BOM
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 02:44:49 pm »
Cip, let me first say muchas gracias!

Thank you for the work you have done in the background for us all.
I didn't know you are doing that all for free. And I understand your request for getting paid, you fill with your work a few sides every issue of the mag.
Receiving no answer is not the finest way of conservation.

I really would like to support you, maybe my words are a breaking through for others to reply also.

Btw., I know you are selling snake skins. I really would like to trade with you, but the bureau of custom affairs is a great barrier here in Germany.

I hope the things are turning into a good way for you.

Simon
Simon
Bavaria, Germany

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 06:01:14 pm »
Let me tell you you do great work with the BOM . It is one of the first places I flip to in every new mag I recieve. And your time and hard work you put into every mag and keeping up with it online does not go unnoticed by everyone  I am sure.  You should be compensated for your hard work that goes into the mag . Your BOM makes the mag.

Offline Lehtis

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 03:17:32 am »
Got my vote also to keep Cipriano on duty working with BOM.

Offline Carle1953

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2017, 10:07:19 pm »
I must agree about turning first thing to the BOM.  For me it is the first highlight to see the craftsmanship from other bowyers around the world.  I would not be able to see this wonder, in this this much array, anywhere else I know of.  My Hat and Heart.

Offline BearNecessities

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2017, 04:22:09 pm »
I'm really sorry that this did not turn out as hoped. I don't think you were asking too much, and I'm rather taken aback that you received no reply, and were replaced. 

Take care, and good luck with your endeavors!

Annie