Author Topic: New member from E. TN  (Read 7987 times)

Offline R Stowe

• Always learning
New member from E. TN
« on: July 13, 2017, 12:35:20 pm »
Hello all,
My name is Rick and I've been fortunate to call E. Tn home for most of my life. My wife, the dog, and I are moving into our first house soon and I'm excited to have somewhere to practice more skills at home. I've been pretty active in bushcraft, primitive skills, and a lot more outdoor activities for about 10 years. I really got into it towards the end of my undergrad career. Anyways, I enjoy fishing and started looking into bowfishing, but the idea of a primitive bow for fishing and otherwise  intrigued me and meshed with my other interest. So long story short I ended up here. When we get into the house a target is going in the back yard ASAP. I made one attempt at a bow so far, but it was just a practice run and didn't work out. I look forward to learning and sharing with this community.

Cheers,
Rick
"Without contents it's just arts and crafts." Steve Watts

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: New member from E. TN
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 10:29:21 pm »
Welcome Rick. I think you'll love it here on PA. Lots of great folks that love sharing their primitive and traditional knowledge so you've come to the right place.   :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 05:25:54 am »
Welcome Rick, yes as Pat said you can learn a lots here, I am also from Tennessee [Middle] if you are ever in the area ,[Nashville/Clarksville] come visit. Love to meet ya.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 07:05:28 am »
Welcome to PA Rick, beautiful country there in E Tennessee. You should make your way over to see Pappy. I'm sure you won't regret it.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Stringman

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 08:54:25 am »
Welcome Rick! You stick around and you'll soon come to realize you just got the "Come and see" from one of the nicest guys in your state. Do yourself a favor and plan a trip over to Pappy's place. You won't regret it.

Congrats on the first home and looking forward to seeing your future projects. Better get a stick busted out soon cause deer season is right around the corner.

Offline R Stowe

• Always learning
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2017, 07:45:11 pm »
Welcome Rick. I think you'll love it here on PA. Lots of great folks that love sharing their primitive and traditional knowledge so you've come to the right place.   :OK

Thank you and I'm sure I will. I've poked around and this seems like the place to learn all I can.

Welcome Rick, yes as Pat said you can learn a lots here, I am also from Tennessee [Middle] if you are ever in the area ,[Nashville/Clarksville] come visit. Love to meet ya.
 Pappy

Thank you very much, and I just might take you up on that. There's some good fishing in your area as well and I could make that a combo trip. I really appreciate the invite.

Welcome to PA Rick, beautiful country there in E Tennessee. You should make your way over to see Pappy. I'm sure you won't regret it.
Bjrogg

Thanks and I agree. I love these mountains and valleys. That's what I hear.

Welcome Rick! You stick around and you'll soon come to realize you just got the "Come and see" from one of the nicest guys in your state. Do yourself a favor and plan a trip over to Pappy's place. You won't regret it.

Congrats on the first home and looking forward to seeing your future projects. Better get a stick busted out soon cause deer season is right around the corner.

Haha, thanks and I'm picking up on that. I'll see what I can.

I don't know if I'll be ready to roll by this season, but I'm looking at some bows now. I might buy the first and then make one once we're settled in at the new place.
"Without contents it's just arts and crafts." Steve Watts