Author Topic: Simple osage...FD pg 4  (Read 16949 times)

Offline Badger

Re: Simple osage
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2017, 02:46:06 pm »
  That's exactly what my ideal bow looks like, weight length, profile everything. Good job.

Offline ksnow

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2017, 03:09:38 pm »
Very nice, especially for a "simple" bow.

Kyle

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2017, 03:31:13 pm »
Ooooooo, that feathering of the grain... Ahhhhhhh! What a killer looking machine. Nicely done Pearl, nicely done! (-S
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2017, 03:33:00 pm »
very nice, congrats,,,, (-S

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2017, 04:55:57 pm »
Very nice indeed
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2017, 05:21:09 pm »
Classic pearl drums brace, looks like another smooth shooter
Yea but I ain't say  n a thing until I see that PD FD   >:D

I'm the same way big guy, just wood shaped like a bow until its bent like a bow. Its just a matter of getting a warm body around to snap a few pics. Hopefully tonite or tomorrow somebody will drift in. 
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2017, 06:15:03 pm »
Know what you mean Chris, without Kim I wouldn't be able to take FD's either.  Kim surprised me when she said " it's his TP is why there's not a full draw pic.  :)  I told her she'd better be good because we'll be at Elm Hall soon, and You might get on her about all the "akerns" that were in KY last fall.  HaHa :)
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2017, 06:53:08 pm »
As great as wives are for taking FD pics, if you guys have smart phones you can do it yourself.  :) Just open the camera app, switch it to "selfie mode," and set the timer. The only trick is getting it to stand up straight.  ;)
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Offline rps3

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2017, 08:02:10 pm »
I didn't notice the extra bit of reflex in the top until you pointed it out, cant wait to see the fulldraw. Smooth looking bow all around. I too just use the timer on my camera. My cheap tracphone even has a setting where I say cheese and it snaps a picture.

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2017, 09:22:53 pm »
I like it and look forward to seeing it in a few weeks

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2017, 10:44:25 pm »
Excellent work all around Chris. Like Clint said, very classy looking.  That should last for years and years

Offline chamookman

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2017, 03:37:13 am »
The unstrung profile says it all Bud  :OK ! Hope to see it in Person in the near future  (=) - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2017, 06:46:41 am »
Pretty piece of wood that looks like a bow Pearl. Really though love the profile and weight, should be a good shooter and backup bow. Waiting for the pdfd but I'm sure it's spot on. I'm still hoping to get a chance to sneak out to Elm Hall. It'll be fair week but I'm hoping we will be done with wheat harvest.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2017, 07:55:20 am »
I didn't notice the extra bit of reflex in the top until you pointed it out, cant wait to see the fulldraw. Smooth looking bow all around. I too just use the timer on my camera. My cheap tracphone even has a setting where I say cheese and it snaps a picture.

Bobert that little bit makes the top limb look more round at brace and draw. And about 1/8" more positive than a "normal" bow would.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2017, 07:56:45 am »
Thanks again for the comments fella's. Always good to be judged by your peers. Makes all better at what we love.

Still no FD pic. I finally got my wife home from the hospital late last night, maybe I can con her into a 1 minute photo session tonite :)