Author Topic: Elm Hall donation bow  (Read 6165 times)

Offline Dvshunter

Re: Elm Hall donation bow
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2017, 10:36:30 pm »
That's another pretty one pearly! I like how you left the tips big and blocky like that so we can see all the color of the wood. >:D  ;D
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2017, 11:20:01 pm »
That's another pretty one pearly! I like how you left the tips big and blocky like that so we can see all the color of the wood. >:D  ;D

He's still a bit adled from the heat and all the newbies he helped make bows this week. And strain from keeping me in dark about certain cooler.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2017, 07:00:14 am »
I hope you win the bow, Mike. Then you can take it back to Mizzurah and whip canoe boys butt with it on the course.

Guy paddles a few miles in a canoe and suddenly he owns the world.................
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2017, 06:01:20 pm »
A few hundred miles and I might feel that way. Geez, try and compliment a guy...  ;D
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2017, 07:15:18 pm »
You should come up here and do the au sable marathon. Killer of a race.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2017, 06:08:49 am »
Nice bow Chris, got my fingers crossed I might get a chance to sneak out for a day and drop a few tickets on it. Love canoeing the Au Sable. Never did the race but a bunch of us camped out on it and did 55 miles every Memorial Day weekend for many years. Beautiful River.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2017, 10:02:48 pm »
I looked it up pearly, it seems like a nice little race. Maybe after I do this 340 mile one I can relax on that one. Lol. Those boats look pretty fancy. My kayak can't compete.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2017, 05:02:22 am »
That's a beauty, that should make them a few bucks. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2017, 05:43:15 am »
It'll pull 50# for you pappy, best put plenty of tickets in the buckets :)

I fully intend on winning Paulys donation bow. Even if I have to pay to rig it!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2017, 06:12:32 am »
I am sure I will put some in the bucket, but you could put all mine except 1 and the would draw the one, no luck at all on drawings, I just conceder it a donation. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2017, 02:46:01 pm »
Pearl that's a beaut. I like the tips just big enough. And I know you understand that  deminishing mass thing and how that creates very little shock. Well done. Arvin
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2017, 03:30:30 pm »
Mike (knoll) won this bow. He seemed pretty happy when his number was called out :)

I couldn't have asked for a better winner of the bow. I know it will get used, that matters to me.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2017, 05:22:34 pm »
Pearly bow was strung up this morning. Result ain't bad!  :NN
First 3 arrows at 20 yds. 3" circle.
Gonna shoot snot outta this bow.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2017, 06:50:20 pm »
Very cool, congrats Mike

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2017, 06:42:07 am »
Pearl that bow will probably get used more than that $1200 pink cooler with all the bling. Good for you Knoll glad to see you came out with a win after all the lost camera and cooler business.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise