Author Topic: Who mentioned "Tenkara" fishing??  (Read 1897 times)

Offline jeffhalfrack

Who mentioned "Tenkara" fishing??
« on: July 30, 2017, 09:48:11 pm »
 First off thanks for getting me curious about it! I got a set up ,was having fun pan fishing,,,,then I go to pa for a camping 3D vacation,,,,Holy Cow !! I got into the native brook trout!! What a blast ,,went to a state park lake and caught some good size brown trout! Who ever you are thanks ,,,,also if any one has any Tenkara tips I'm all ears thanks  Jeff w

Offline amateurhour

• Administrator
Re: Who mentioned "Tenkara" fishing??
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 06:41:44 am »
That was me.

It's addictive isn't it?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 08:09:05 am »
I just looked up tenkara fishing. We used to a similar method with a telescoping FG fishing pole called a "Bream Buster" to slingshot a popping bug up under the creek side bushes fishing for bream, warmouth, bass, etc.  Definitely a fun way to catch fish.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 11:48:36 am »
We just call it cane pole fishing down here.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline jeffhalfrack

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 08:48:14 pm »
Well I'm no expert! ,,,,,,but to present a dry fly to an under cut of a 4' wide stream on your hands and knees with very little room for a back cast doing it side armed is just the most awesome thing I ever did fishing! These rods are very different ! From what I ever used before!  Thanks ameturehour,,,,it really put life back into fishing  Jeff

Offline TenkaraGrasshopper

• TenkaraGrasshopper
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 12:24:18 am »
Hey guys,

I might be able to help with the whole tenkara question. I am the Tenkara Grasshopper. I am the administrator of a website by the same name.  >:D  Check it out at tenkaragrasshopper.com

Sorry, shameless plug. But I will say it is definitely an awesome way to fly fish. If you have any questions please feel free to hit me up.

Till another time, ;D Tight lines and Tenkara.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 07:16:42 am by Marc St Louis »
Respect your elders!!!