Main Discussion Area > Letters to the Editor

Guns, guns and more guns

(1/4) > >>

PEARL DRUMS:
What happened to the magazine I once looked forward to receiving? This last issue was nothing more than guns and more guns. And as mentioned in another Letter to the Editor, Tony was hunting cartridge guns. This isn't a negative comment towards the authors in any way, they write what they are passionate about and I understand that completely. I respect every single author you have published. Its up to the magazine to choose appropriate articles and publish them. In my opinion this last issue what the worst I've seen in regards to pertinent content based on the title of the magazine.

Not sure what is left on my last subscription renewal, but it will be the last. And I'm not alone, I have several personal friends who are letting it go as well. No need to comment or blow smoke up my chimney, I've had plenty of that already.

Calendargirl:
Well Pearl Drums we will be sad to see you go.  Your subscription expires 4/1/18 so you have almost a year left.
  As you may have read our addition of muzzleloading was in hopes to widen our readership and hopefully welcome muzzle loaders into the circle of primitive archery.  To include and teach those who are unfamiliar it takes opening the doors of those who practice muzzleloading as well as the primitive archer community welcoming the new interested people into this wonderful craftmanship and artistry of primitive archery. 

My experience with every one on the message boards has been overwhelming generosity.  I can't wait for those who my read our magazine because of the muzzleloading article to experience the amazing kindness and willingness to teach primitive archery skills to them.  I was just talking with my daughter about how she was so surprised and excited about how many gifts were made for her and given to her at the TN Classic a few years ago. This is the type of generosity that will spark new interest in the PA community.

I love this community and look forward to watching this generosity unfold.
I appreciate (and we the Magazine as a team) all that continue to support PA and this part of PA
Sincerely,
Calendargirl - Marie

PaulN/KS:
I think we are a niche market at best and not gettin' any younger  or growing in number. There were other magazines that came and went but PA is still here, for now, and here we have a website where we can exchange ideas, information and share skills and accomplishments.

Oh, and BTW Pearl Drums, how did those Buffalo Ball-ets shoot for you? Been warm enough to try them in your muzzle loader yet?

PEARL DRUMS:
I thought I put this in Letters to the Editor? And, I politely asked for no smoke and got it anyway. Im no fool and would prefer to not be treated as such.

ksnow:
I have not received my newest issue yet, but was afraid of this happening.  I make and shoot flintlocks, I love them to death, but I subscribe to Primitive Archer for the ARCHERY.  An article here and there I can understand, but cartridge guns?  Both hobbies, traditional muzzleloading and primitive archery, are very niche markets, and not growing by leaps and bounds.  When the two intersect, it is nice.  But, oftentimes even when both are at the same event, the two crowds don't overlap much.
I would rather receive fewer magazines per year, ALL about archery, than six magazines that are half archery, half whatever the regular authors have been up to the last year (like Pearl, not knocking the authors, they don't select which articles get published). I support PA because it is the only magazine out there for "us." But, if they won't publish articles for us, it will be hard to justify the support.
I hope the magazine continues to provide primitive archers what they want.

Kyle

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version