Author Topic: Our very own dvshunter in the Missouri River 340! HE MADE IT!  (Read 12015 times)

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
Re: Our very own dvshunter in the Missouri River 340!
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2017, 10:06:01 pm »
Yeah Neal,  I thought about texting him to.  But I think they are having to use their phones for checking in. 

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2017, 10:12:37 pm »
thanks for keeping those of us too stupid to figure out all of the tech stuff posted...  :OK
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2017, 10:18:02 pm »
thanks for keeping those of us too stupid to figure out all of the tech stuff posted...  :OK

Nah,  no biggie! It took me a while to figure it out to!

Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline lebhuntfish

Fubar just checked in at the Jefferson City check point.  Its right under the bridge,  you can see the capital accross the river from the landing.  Way to go buddy!
They are currently 77th and 20th in their devision.

I also checked the front runner spot.  They have one finished in 37hours and 9min. 
Mens tandem,  "horse with no name" looks to be the winner.
Patrick
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 10:55:53 pm by lebhuntfish »

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
Thanks, Pat!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline gifford

Thanks for the update and the link to FUBAR's check in Patrick, much appreciated.

Go Dave, Go FUBAR.

Offline lebhuntfish

No problem guys!
I'm enjoying keeping track of the race.  Dave was back out at 530 this morning. 

There was several finishers over night.

Patrick

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
That's a grueling tough race to participate in I'd say.Kuddos to the Fubar team.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
That's a grueling tough race to participate in I'd say.Kuddos to the Fubar team.
I'd say so Ed, a bit more demanding than 14 canoes floating 55 miles downstream in two days with a half barrel of barley pop for refreshments.
Go fubar. Might have to put a pirate flag on that vessel Captain Red Beard. Thanks for the updates Patrick
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Well BJ it's what we do when we are in our prime and full of beans.Challenge ourselves.A good experience to remember for them I'm sure.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Bob Barnes

Someone snapped a pic of Dave before he left this morning...  (A)
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline lebhuntfish

Thats funny Bob!

Ed,  your probably right about being in their prime.  But I read about a guy that last year was his forth mr340 and he was 79 years old. 

I expect fubar to be checking in before long at their next check point.  Looks like they got an early start today,  they left Jeff City at 530 this morning. 
Event staff said that the river has dropped a little and that might have slowed some of them down a bit.  Go Fubar!

Patrick

Offline Hawkdancer

Aargh!  Those are some fast paddlers!,  those front runners did better than 9 mph!!  Not a sport for folks with bad shoulders and backs.  Fun for them that can, though - I will stick "struggling" 10km "runs", although it is mostly walk and a bit of double time now.  Go Dave!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline lebhuntfish

Well im a little late reporting  but Dave checked in at hermann check point at 12:09 and was back on the water at 12:19. They have one more check point to hit before the finish line in St Charles Missouri.  They are currently 104th over all.  Go Fubar!

Patrick

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
Any way to estimate their arrival time? Carol and I would like to be there!!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857