Author Topic: 2017 Trail camera pictures  (Read 19421 times)

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
2017 Trail camera pictures
« on: August 24, 2017, 12:45:22 am »
Not exactly sure if this is where I need to post this.  If its not please feel free to move it to the proper place. 

I wanted to start this post for everyone to post their trail cam pictures.  I know its not all that primitive but I think several of us use them.  Besides,  I always like to look at pictures of deer!

So I'll start by posting these from my camera that is in my back lot.  If you can guess, I was quite surprised when I started flipping through the pics!

Patrick

Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: 2017 Trail camera pictures
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 05:28:37 am »
Nice buck Patrick, everyone enjoys looking at those. I had some really nice ones around a couple weeks before Elm Hall. I've had to do a quite a bit of work on my property taking out dead trees, improving my lane and fixing wash outs from the huge rains we got this spring. All the activities seem to have changed the Bucks patterns. Still plenty of does and fawns. I'm almost done now so hopefully the bucks will return and I can get some pictures. Right now the eating is pretty good for them. They love the beans right now, especially the edible beans. There just like green beans from the garden. Lots of apples, pears, clover and sugar beets. Pertty soon the beans will be to ripe for them and they will start hitting the corn. We got the smorgasbord out for them. Time for them to put on that layer of fat to make it through the winter.
Bjrogg  :-D
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 07:19:42 am »
Nice buck, hope he cooperates with you. :) I put out 4 cameras last week but haven't checked them yet, maybe in a couple of week I will take a look at them.  :-\
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 09:28:31 am »
Thanks guy's,  that camera was only there for 2 days.  I couldn't wait to check it, its only about a hundred yards behind my house.  When I pulled the card it had 267 pictures on it.  Now I did have some coons and a couple of squirrels and a rabbit. Oh and a dove on my mineral block. But mostly deer! I just pulled it again with it being there for just 24 hours. It has 133 pics on it this time. Going to check them out now.  Got to go get some more corn today though, its all but gone!

Patrick 

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 01:47:12 pm »
Nice buck Pat.Handsome devil!!!!The others too.I used a mineral block long ago once.Eventually the deer and weather eroded it.Then I found the deer pawed and dug a hole close to 2' feet deep 3' around at least to get the mineral soaked into the ground.The hole was deep enough to possibly break a front wheel spindle on the tractor anyway.If I do it again I put the block in a pan.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 02:00:04 pm by Beadman »
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2017, 02:18:40 pm »
Ed I've seen guys put them on tree stumps and the deer eat them to.
Bjrogg

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2017, 02:27:44 pm »
Well, I went through all of the pictures from the camera.  Pretty much more pics of the big 9 and the rest of the group of does and the younger buck.  But I have about 6 coon coming in also,  so I set out a couple traps for them.  I hope to catch the little theives!

Patrick 

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2017, 09:56:48 pm »
Well Ive got some more pictures.  Ill let them speak for their selves.

But the first is the big 9 with all of his velvet off!

Patrick

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2017, 10:11:56 pm »
WOW!!!  You have some really nice bucks.  I think you need to put out a couple dog proof coon traps.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2017, 12:02:20 am »
Your right Clint,  Ive had pics with just coons in them.  The most at one time was 7. I picked one up today.  Im going to set it tomorrow,  I think I know where they are hidding out. Ive gotten rid of 5 of them this summer so far. 

These are only a very small few of my pictures.  Im getting about 150 a day with about 20 to 30 without deer in them. 

Patrick

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2017, 06:04:24 am »
Very nice Bucks Patrick, hopefully you get them to come out in the day light. If you have access to pears the deer love em. I have a few people that like me picking up their windfalls. The wasps and bees love them to, so people like me picking them up. I usually pick them in the evening when it's Cool and the wasp are slower and to full to fly. Oh that's right it probably never gets that cold in Mo. I give each pear a little roll to get wasp off before I pick them up.
Bjrogg

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2017, 08:12:33 am »
No BJ, it gets plenty cold in Missouri!
Yeah I had pears on a tree here at the house, they are all gone, and I didn't get a single one.  Neighbor has a really nice apple tree,  their ain't an apple on the bottom half or the ground. 

I did see some deer this morning about 615. I got a couple of pictures of them on my phone that I took through my binos.  Younger buck and a nice doe.  He is bigger than I thought at first.  Ill try to post them later. 

Patrick 

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2017, 11:42:13 am »
Yowza!!!!Nice pics!!!Pat those are nice animals.Sure hope they stick around for ya.They should.
It's fun to observe animals feeding in the daytime off of feeders.The coon/turkey/and deer all get their fair share.A few sqabbles once in a while too.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2017, 05:45:25 pm »
Thanks Ed!
I really enjoy looking through the pics from the camera.  I love watching the babies come in and feed with their momma's. Ive seen more fawns this year than I have ever seen before.  Infact when we got home today around 3 there was a fawn at my feed site all by its self.
I pulled the card after it left and I has 283 pictures on it! Thats just 24 hours!
Oh and by the way,  that big 11pt has shed his velvet as will! Its getting closer!

Patrick

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2017, 04:04:15 pm »
I don't have anything near as big as Patrick posted.  That's OK with me.  We have plenty of does around.  The big boys will come for a visit in about a month.  The dates and times aren't correct on some of the pictures.

The little buck closest to the camera has a broken leg that looks to be healed up.  He can move the shoulder joint but that's about it.  He walked across our back yard a few weeks back.  I've always heard that if a buck has an injury to one side of his body that the opposite side antler will be deformed.  This buck has a funky antler on the same side as the injury.

Some early scrape action

And the finishing move

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left