Author Topic: Help with short drawing  (Read 4702 times)

Offline Tiredtim

Re: Help with short drawing
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2017, 08:05:23 pm »
Lee, I've been watching Joel.  It's pretty amazing.  But my problem is that I never get to that full draw Joel is doing.  I think my mind won't let me for some reason.  I'm going to re-watch Joel and see what I'm doing wrong.  I know it's in my head. My shots seem to get worse with each miss. 
Thanks again and please tell me more.

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2017, 12:20:42 pm »
at one time I had a hard time with hitting a full draw,,
I made a bow that shot well at the shorter draw,,and killed many deer,,
I shot 24 25 inch draw alot,,it worked fine,,
some Native bows were designed to shoot short draw,,
maybe try shooting where you are comfortable,, instead of trying to force something,,
get your confidence back and then slowly work up to shooting a longer draw if you want,,

Offline sleek

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2017, 02:27:02 pm »
I didnt read the replies but here is the best way to stop short dtawing. Tie a string to the handle. Then measure your exact draw length on the string and tie that poing off to the bow string. Now when you hit your desired draw length the draw stop string between the handle and bow string will be tight and not allow you to draw any further.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2017, 01:42:00 pm »
i guess my point is,, "full draw is subjective"
maybe your brain is trying to tell you something,, thats all
seems most think longer is better,, well not really once to get to about 24 inches you getting a nice power stroke,,
and if you want to draw 20 inches,, a bow designed for that will shoot hunting hard,,
you may have to go up a few pounds to get the same fps a 29 inch draw is doing,,
but there is always a trade off,,
a bow that draws 20 inches,, takes very little movement to draw a and shoot,, and can be carried in a quiver,,
a bow that draws 29 inches is gonna be longer,, and alot more movement to get to anchor,,
my short draw bows work to my advantage,, ever had a kneeling shot and nocked the tip off your bow on a rock,,
and short bow wont do that,, etc etc etc,,
lots of options and effective ways to shoot,, just remember to enjoy and have fun and keep an open mind about your shooting,,, (W