Author Topic: TSA raffle drawing shafts.  (Read 505 times)

Offline JonW

Re: TSA raffle drawing shafts.
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2017, 06:40:57 pm »
I was also a winner of the giveaway. Very nice product from TSA. Thanks Wayne!!

Offline TSA

• www.trueshaftarchery.com
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2017, 07:06:57 pm »
You are most welcome, my friend!! :D

Offline TSA

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2017, 07:10:02 pm »
You are correct Beadman, you wont get the same %ages as with the ultra light carbons (can we even use that word on here  ;) )
Putting a tail taper on the spruce will help a bit more too! ;D

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2017, 07:18:51 pm »
Wayne, how much rear taper do you add to your shafting. I tapered some poplar shafts I had and loved the way they shoot. I think I put 8" or 9" from 11/32" to 5/16".
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline TSA

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2017, 07:24:34 pm »
what i do, and this is not cast in stone- but just what works for me- i taper anywhere from 1/4 to max 1/3 of total shaft length after trimming to my personal length, also taking the 11/32 down to 5/16.
i have always gone by the rule that the middle third is what contributes mostly to the spine. just looking at how the shaft bends.

but i  am sure some technologically more advanced soul will have better input than my thumb suck ideas! :)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2017, 07:30:50 pm »
Wayne, I'm a lot better with thumb suck ideas than technology.  :OK
Thanks.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Beadman

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2017, 08:35:34 pm »
Yes a 10" nock taper on a 30" shaft would work good on spruce I think from doing it in the past with DF.This may be a primitive archery site but I see no reason to turn a blind eye to what works the best using the natural materials at hand.I'm able to get into the low teens tapering dogwoods which I like a lot,but getting into the upper teens or even 20% FOC would be even better.A friend of mine gets them close to 30% FOC with carbides.He loves it.
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2017, 04:02:19 am »
Love talking arrows with you guys. Wayne are you offering tappered shafts now? I did get some turned tappered shafts in a trade at Marshall Meet this year. They really made some sweet arrows. I think they said four winds on the box if I remember correctly. I also got some tappered shaft complete arrows from Marshall benefit auction that Larry from lost nation Archery donated. Really like them all.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline TSA

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2017, 06:15:01 am »
yes, i will do tapered shafts for folk who would really like them. Currently, i do them manually with a jig much like the one i have seen Pat use, in fact he was the guy who put me onto it years ago!

However, we are in the process of building a fully automated tapering machine, that will do shafts automatically, fed from a hopper. That will really bring the costs down!

Offline PEARLY

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2017, 09:18:26 am »
I didn't win any shafts in the raffle, but did buy a few dozen from Wayne. The quality is outstanding and they are very matched. He even stamps with ink the grain weight and exact spine on each shaft. High quality - high end shafts, no doubt.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.