Author Topic: 3rd Annual Gathering Under the Ash Tree Shade - (Sept 15 - 17, 2017)  (Read 20701 times)

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
Re: 3rd Annual Gathering Under the Ash Tree Shade - (Sept 15 - 17, 2017)
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2017, 07:24:21 pm »
Thanks fellas! I just need it to weigh out some broadheads that I got in Michigan. 

Would anyone be interested in any hickory nuts or pecans? They are all over the ground here.  I could pick up a couple of buckets worth if anyone is interested.

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline sleek

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2017, 09:34:54 pm »
Man, i wish I could come.  Every time I have its been great. Maybe next year....
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2017, 09:42:48 pm »
Lucky to have perceptive friends.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2017, 11:28:39 pm »
I would love to come if im done with work travel by then. Fingers crossed... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2017, 05:31:38 pm »
I would love to come if im done with work travel by then. Fingers crossed... Brian

It'd be great if you could make it sir...  - OneBow

Offline sleek

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2017, 07:03:09 pm »
With 4 of the 7 plots for irma taking it right over my house on the 13th..... I may show up for the weekend after all.... its my birthday anyways.... what better way to spend it whike my house gets flooded out? I live 5 feet above sea level on a river in the coast.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2017, 10:51:19 pm »
With 4 of the 7 plots for irma taking it right over my house on the 13th..... I may show up for the weekend after all.... its my birthday anyways.... what better way to spend it whike my house gets flooded out? I live 5 feet above sea level on a river in the coast.

If you are serious, we'll have a dry warm bed for you here sir.  I hate to think of all the damage this big ugly storm might do, JUST with the tidal surge issues, let alone the winds and such!

Another guy that is planning to be here also follows Kosher diet ways, so you'll have company in that distinction as well!  -C- -C- -C-

OneBow

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2017, 11:47:30 pm »
Sleek,
We had some terms for that in the Army - "Oh, s**t!!"  And "what am I doin' here!".  Stay safe!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline DavidV

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2017, 10:44:56 am »
I can be there Friday evening and all day Saturday. Couldnt get Sunday off though.
Springfield, MO

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2017, 11:47:51 am »
Good deal David, looking forward to seeing you bud.

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2017, 10:41:10 am »
It has been brought to my attention that I have yet to post the address for the event this weekend.  Apparently I figured that if I knew where it was, y'all must know too.  ::)

The Gathering is being held at my house here in Springfield, MO.  The address is:

1425 E. Smith Street
Springfield, MO  65803

My cell phone number is 417.830.1138.  (
Please only post this on the very BEST truckstop bathroom walls.  I have high standards.)

If you are coming from afar and need a place to stay, please let me know.  I think we still have plenty of space, but I must make certain of that.  We don't want you guys to have to share more than 4 guys to a towel.  :o

Also, if you are coming from local even, it would be great to know how many to expect for meal planning as well.  I can guesstimate just fine, and as usual we shall likely have more than we could possibly need.  ...and if we are short, Mickey D's is just down the road! :)

OneBow

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2017, 11:00:24 am »
"Mickey D's.." ?  ???
I'd think you'd at least spring for Steak and Shake.  :)  ;)

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2017, 02:01:12 pm »
Well shoot... Im gonna be home..but just got reminded its apple butter makin weekend. We only do it once every 3 yrs... Takes 3 days and as many generations of family to get er done... Have fun fellers, I will try again next year... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2017, 02:19:53 pm »
Well shoot... Im gonna be home..but just got reminded its apple butter makin weekend. We only do it once every 3 yrs... Takes 3 days and as many generations of family to get er done... Have fun fellers, I will try again next year... Brian

We'll excuse you this time, ...but you'll have to bring a gallon of Apple Butter with you to the next gathering  :laugh: ;D :D, maybe the one at Rackly's place! - OneBow

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2017, 02:35:04 pm »

We'll excuse you this time, ...but you'll have to bring a gallon of Apple Butter with you to the next gathering  :laugh: ;D :D, maybe the one at Rackly's place! - OneBow
Maybe a 1/2 pint 😎😎😎... Brian