Author Topic: Christmas Trade Work  (Read 26606 times)

Offline hunterbob

Re: Christmas Trade Work
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2017, 11:21:10 am »
Well I was going to do a string jig but plans change my guy may be getting a HHB longbow I am working on its at floor tiller right now . Not sure what weight he would prefer so maybe just shoot for high 40s or 50 pounds I guess.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2017, 12:07:41 pm »
Suffered a bad case of sticker shock while up hunting, saw what could have been a bow rack, looked like wood, over $50!!  It ain't in the bundle, but it gave me an idea!  Looks like some raw materials in the bundle, as well!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2017, 06:56:09 pm »
A bow rack sounds like a great idea Hawk. I need one of those bad!

In addition to the smoked trout I've got vacuum sealed in the freezer and a few specialty supplies I won't mention I was thinking I'd send my victim a short ambush-style yew bow I made a while back. It's a spunky little shooter.
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Offline Mo_coon-catcher

« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2017, 09:20:51 pm »
Won't hear any complaints from me on anything I've heard so far. I was given a couple of deer hides from some friends of mine. Once yheyre worked up and dried, I'll cut out some backing strips then use the 'scraps' to make some canteens and other stuff with. Probably some lacing to start with. Then I'll figure out some other stuff too. I'll probably put a small bottle or two or pepper powder in also. Who knows what else will find its way in there. Probably a bit of verdegris fletching glue.

Kyle

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2017, 06:00:20 pm »
What's everybody been up to.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2017, 07:48:40 pm »
Still figering.  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2017, 10:16:14 pm »
Having a couple of beverages, trying to figure out what to put in the box!  May need a couple more >:D, the garage troll has been busy!  The place is a total mess!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2017, 04:03:59 am »
Sorry Rob I haven't had any time for any personal projects. I'm hoping that will change and things will slow down a bit in a couple weeks.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2017, 06:50:09 am »
I finally settled on an idea and got started this weekend. What do you "buy" the guy that has everything?
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Stoker

« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2017, 09:13:07 am »
Deer season has come and went Saturday morning   :-M   Got some other projects cleaned up.. Material been gathered.. Full steam ahead with bouts of procrastination, hesitation, and satisfaction..
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2017, 08:21:37 pm »
BJ I know where your coming from.

Offline Mo_coon-catcher

« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2017, 07:29:02 am »
I've got a couple deer hides fleshed out and soaking in ash water with a couple more ready to do the same. So getting close to some rawhide. Trapping and fur water season just opened so it's time to get some steel out later this morning when I get tired of waiting for some does to show up. So hopefully I'll have a pelt or two that'll go along also.

Kyle

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2017, 09:29:09 am »
Anybody mind if Santy Claus dropped off a half dozen 11/32 douglas fir arras? All matched to 50# on the nutz and within 10 grains as bare shafts. The flu-flu's have blunts glued on and the standard fletch are un-cut.

P.S.

I stand for the anthem, probably obvious my color choice :)
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2017, 09:47:07 am »
I would not mind at all.  those are very, very nice.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2017, 10:23:46 am »
Nice work Pearlie.   :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC