Author Topic: Christmas Trade Work  (Read 27616 times)

Offline Trapper Rob

Re: Christmas Trade Work
« Reply #90 on: November 30, 2017, 07:33:47 pm »
Pat if he don't like it he can send it to me it'll match the one you sent me.
It's a beauty.

Offline penderbender

• island life...
« Reply #91 on: November 30, 2017, 09:11:26 pm »
That quiver is very nice looking. I would be very happy with that. Anyone against getting billets as opposed to a dull length stave in their package of goodies? Cheers- Brendan

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #92 on: December 01, 2017, 12:21:42 pm »
Pat I hope that quiver is coming this way. Brenden, I don't think anyone would turn down billets.

Offline Mo_coon-catcher

« Reply #93 on: December 01, 2017, 03:34:26 pm »
Billets work fine for me. I'm thinking I may get started on breaking that fox hide this weekend now that it's fully dried. I'm sure itll only take one softening session to get it where I want it. Then I can smoke and stitch it up as I have time. Depending on how much time I have to soften another, I may throw in a softened mink hide. But if I'm inning short on time it might just be fleshed and dried, ready to tan. The canteen might be put in the back burner for next year as I haven't made the hides into rawhide yet.

Kyle

Offline uwe

« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2017, 05:37:59 am »
Hello out there,
A little bit late this year. Hope to finish the horn today. It must be polished. Some nice tunes get out of it. Hope my mate in Vancouver likes it.
It should be at our postoffice on Monday. I wonder how long it takes to Canada.
Regards Uwe

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #95 on: December 05, 2017, 07:43:19 pm »
Getting close to time to start shipping.
How's everybody coming along ?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #96 on: December 05, 2017, 07:50:31 pm »
All I need is a box and I'm ready to ship.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #97 on: December 05, 2017, 07:56:12 pm »
Rounding things up - will be mostly raw material, and some neat stuff(IMHO). Hope it is well received!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #98 on: December 06, 2017, 07:02:29 am »
I'll be ready to ship next week. I'm away at a work training until Friday.
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #99 on: December 06, 2017, 11:25:29 am »
I have been a little under the weather bad cold for the last couple of weeks.  But I do have a stave all shaped out and floor tillered of HHB I may just send as a you finish bow. And a walnut  flemish string jig with some b- 50 string material. 

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #100 on: December 06, 2017, 11:48:32 am »
hope you get feeling better Bob. There is a real nasty cold going around here to. I've got part of my present done. Santa's workshop has been burning the late night oil again. Dang I hate being a last minute shopper
bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline looper

« Reply #101 on: December 06, 2017, 09:47:01 pm »
I'll have mine done by this weekend and will ship early next week. I hope my guy can wait to open his on Christmas morning.

Offline Mo_coon-catcher

« Reply #102 on: December 08, 2017, 03:33:49 pm »
I ended up with a stomach bug myself Monday night that took me out through tuesday. I'm finally feeling normal today.
But today I got started on tanning that fox hide. I used about a yard of artificial sinew patching up the tail where I ripped a chunk out fleshing and a few holes from fleshing and dispatch. The tail took most of it and was a pain with that thick fur. But it'll look good once it's broke. I'm working in breaking the hide between customers at work. I was hoping the cold would keep people inside, but nope, everyone is out today. Oh well. Worse things could be keeping me from breaking the hide. I'm using egg yokes in this one and it feels like itlll turn out nice and soft.

Kyle

Offline Mo_coon-catcher

« Reply #103 on: December 09, 2017, 04:01:33 pm »
The fox hide just needs smoked now. I may do that tomorrow evening. It's crunchy in te legs. But the rest turned out decent. I did most of the breaki by stretching instead of on a board since it's an early hide and the hair was pulling through. But still good for a quiver.

Kyle

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #104 on: December 09, 2017, 04:08:30 pm »
Just wondering what you all would prefer...

An elm molly or a mulberry static?
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb