Author Topic: I forgive you  (Read 3399 times)

Offline Will Tell

I forgive you
« on: September 09, 2017, 07:41:30 am »
This is for the fella who said he would build me a Osage self bow for a nice Orvis fly rod, reel, and 100 of my hand tied flies. Use the rod and good luck because I have no hard feelings. Forgive those who trespass against you.

Offline paulsemp

Re: I forgive you
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 08:29:46 am »
 you sent someone the rod? If so who.  there's a lot of guys on this site that would have gladly taken you up on that offer including me

Offline sleek

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 10:41:07 am »
You know, many folks say you have to forgive people who wronged you and cite religious reasons. Thats all well and good. But bud I gadda tell you, if the bastard aint sorry, he doesnt deserve forgiving. And I dont think Jesus minds that philosophy, as only those whe repent are forgiven even with Him. I am certainly not a better man than He.

There is also a difference between forgiving somebody and deciding you dont care anymore so you can go about life and keep functioning. That I can understand very well....

Sorry for the rant, and hope I didnt offend. Its always been a point with me when folks say they forgive people who have wronged them and do not in any way deserve it. Too many good hearted folks get taken advantage of.....
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Will Tell

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 11:20:24 am »
No offense taken. When I was a young lad I had a lot of hate and was a angry person. When I started forgiving people life seemed to get a lot easier. I enjoyed tying those flies and I wasn't ever going to use that rod and reel again. I've given away fly poles and hundreds of flies to people starting out. Forgiving him was more for my well being and peace of mind.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 11:40:57 am »
Good philosophy but he will just turn around and do it to someone else.  Best to tell Eddie, or an admin, so his name can go in the registry; please don't post it on the forum.
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline vinemaplebows

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2017, 12:49:59 pm »
Leave the religious ideology out of this, it has no place on this forum. Thank you.
Debating is an intellectual exchange of differing views...with no winners.

Offline Zuma

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2017, 10:10:15 pm »
What exactly are you referring to here vine??
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2017, 10:35:13 pm »
I'm guessing Sleeks comments
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2017, 07:00:35 am »
I always figure there's a difference between forgiving and trusting. I can forgive, like some have already said if you can't it tends to eat you up from the inside.
Trust is harder to gain and easier to lose. Once you've lost my trust it's not so easily gotten back. Hope you get your bow Will.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Zuma

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2017, 12:54:39 pm »
Ah so.  I didn't think forgiveness had anything to do with it.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2017, 07:13:28 pm »
You sent me an Orvis fly rod and flys but I was sure we had traded for something else? I know I mailed out a package.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2017, 04:22:23 am »
Yep , forgiveness is a wonderful thing, now forgetting or trusting again is much harder to do. ;) Good for you Will Tell. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Will Tell

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2017, 07:34:52 am »
Mullet, I was really happy with the bow you sent me. I'm using it this year. Thanks again.

Offline vinemaplebows

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2017, 12:22:54 pm »

Yep, that's the reason why. If I can't comment on the philosophy of religious view points, I surely don't want to see that philosophy applied on this board, and am quite disappointed it was not deleted by our moderators as per the rules.
Debating is an intellectual exchange of differing views...with no winners.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2017, 05:59:57 pm »

Yep, that's the reason why. If I can't comment on the philosophy of religious view points, I surely don't want to see that philosophy applied on this board, and am quite disappointed it was not deleted by our moderators as per the rules.

I think you're overreacting Brian
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com