Author Topic: 2017 ARROW SWAP - SHOW N' TELL  (Read 15468 times)

Offline loefflerchuck

• www.heartwoodbows.com
Re: 2017 ARROW SWAP - SHOW N' TELL
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2017, 08:08:34 pm »
Dakota Kid, I may have to give you the win on this one. Extremely high tech primitive swiss army arrow.

Offline Ed Brooks

« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2017, 09:20:36 am »
I got a package in the mail this weekend with not one but two very nice arrows in it.
one with a stone point and one with a brass practice tip. thank you Jeffp51 they are both great. Thank you Ed
It's in my blood...

Centralia WA,

Offline Orrum

« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2017, 11:48:42 am »
Totally incredible thread!!!   These arrows are just incredible!  I made my first arrow, river cane, turkey feather, and a Keokia  high ridge Burlington point. It is good sorta. I will get better. Hope I can get into the trade next time! Thanks everyone for posting pics!
Knapping....If your hobby does not consume you then you have no hobby.

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2017, 04:55:45 pm »
Glad you like them, Ed.  I matched them so you can shoot the target arrow, and then if you get the urge to hunt with the stone point, it should still shoot about the same.

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2017, 06:14:24 pm »
Jeff makes some amazing arrows! I'm lucky enough to own some myself. 
I still have them Jeff,  I only hunt with them, I am in the process of replacing the stone points that I put on.  I managed to drop them and break every point.  But I've learned to knapp a little and im putting my own points on this time. 

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2017, 07:34:07 pm »
sweet Patrick.  I think you have apple shoots, right?  I want to see pics of whatever you bag with them.  Have they stayed straight for you, or do they tend to warp?  I hope you haven't forgotten.

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2017, 08:15:43 pm »
Yep,  they are apple shoots.  I have one that I have straightened out a couple of times.  But the others seam to stay pretty dang straight.  Ill definitely let you know if I get something with them.  I haven't forgotten bud.

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!