Author Topic: Looking for braintan and sturgeon skins. Trade made for Sturgeon skins.  (Read 2891 times)

Offline ahawi stick

Looking for braintan and sturgeon skins. I have sealed pint jars of rendered bear fat, copperhead skins, turkey feathers, seasoned Osage, sourwood shoots to offer.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 10:01:35 pm by ahawi stick »
" The Right To Keep And Bear Arms"..Bows, Arrows, Spears, Celts...  Kevin , North Carolina

Offline DuBois

Re: Looking for braintan and sturgeon skins
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 12:09:02 pm »
Good luck finding any sturgeon skins. I haven't yet.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 12:49:44 pm »
Yup I'd really like some skins tanned, raw, or even still wiggling. I met a guy who claims to be a sturgeon ice spear fisherman. I told him I'd love to get a skin if he could get me one. He said he might be able to get one from his buddy, but he personally is still trying to get his first fish and it's going on the wall.lol. Guess you can blame him for that.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline ahawi stick

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 01:21:44 pm »
I figured it would be a tough find for the sturgeon skins, I may just focus on the braintan.
" The Right To Keep And Bear Arms"..Bows, Arrows, Spears, Celts...  Kevin , North Carolina

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2017, 10:29:39 am »
stick...how much and what size brain tan you looking for?Smoked or not?The copperheads sound nice but need them fairly closely matched in color and pattern size etc.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline ahawi stick

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2017, 05:17:54 pm »
I would like to have a full tanned and smoked deer hide.I have several copperhead skins, I'll lay them out and match them up then send you a picture if you want.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2017, 09:33:51 pm »
ahawi stick....I see you have purposes for the leather for larger projects then.At this time I have larger pieces of 1 square foot to 2 square foot.Remnants from my larger projects I completed.No large complete hides to trade off.I might have some complete rawhide and complete smoked hides done before winter depending on how successful hunting season is and how warm it stays this fall before winter.Otherwise if winter comes sooner then expected it would be next spring and that's contingent on a successful hunting season too.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline ahawi stick

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 06:09:03 am »
I'm willing to wait, for now I'm getting all materials together for winter projects. Keep in touch, thanks!