Author Topic: Photobucket fix  (Read 3990 times)

Offline Eric Krewson

Photobucket fix
« on: September 22, 2017, 05:41:52 pm »
This is a good fix, it brought back all my pictures on my flintlock builds and my old Gizmo how to.

Just out and it works well, posted by Rob Distefano on the Trad Gang site;

Google Chrome and Foxfire have found a way to access the photos that Photobucket.com does not now allow you to post to 3rd party sites anymore without paying a high price.

The Firefox and Chrome browsers now have an optional "Photobucket Fix" Add On that will automatically disable Photobucket image restrictions on 3rd party hosting.

This is a very good thing and it works well. EVERYONE should install this to their Firefox or Chrome browser.

As long as the restricted images are still hosted on Photobucket, and they haven't been removed, this fix will now them to appear in forum and blog posts.

In the cases where former/current PhotoBucket users haven't deleted all their albums, Chrome and Firefox now have an extension, Photobucket Embed Fix, that will display 3rd party hosted images. It will fix all your broken pics, no need for you to do anything, it runs entirely in the background.

For Firefox browser users, goto to the upper right of the screen and click on the 3 horizontal bars ("Open Menu"), click on "Add-Ons", click on "Get Add-Ons", at the bottom of the screen click on "See More Add-Ons!". A new page will open up, look for "photobucket embed fix", touch it with your mouse pointer and then click on "+ Add to Firefox" then "Add".

For Google Chrome browsers, type in "photobucket embed fix" in the browser search/URL bar and click on the "photobucket embed fix" link.
Modify message

Offline Aaron H

Re: Photobucket fix
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 05:57:38 pm »
This is great news Eric. Thanks for sharing

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 05:57:58 pm »
I bet photobucket will find a way to block this fix.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 06:19:14 pm »
I bet photobucket will find a way to block this fix.

I'm sure they will but it might take them some time
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 06:23:43 pm »
This is a good fix, it brought back all my pictures on my flintlock builds and my old Gizmo how to.

Just out and it works well, posted by Rob Distefano on the Trad Gang site;

Google Chrome and Foxfire have found a way to access the photos that Photobucket.com does not now allow you to post to 3rd party sites anymore without paying a high price.

The Firefox and Chrome browsers now have an optional "Photobucket Fix" Add On that will automatically disable Photobucket image restrictions on 3rd party hosting.

This is a very good thing and it works well. EVERYONE should install this to their Firefox or Chrome browser.

As long as the restricted images are still hosted on Photobucket, and they haven't been removed, this fix will now them to appear in forum and blog posts.

In the cases where former/current PhotoBucket users haven't deleted all their albums, Chrome and Firefox now have an extension, Photobucket Embed Fix, that will display 3rd party hosted images. It will fix all your broken pics, no need for you to do anything, it runs entirely in the background.

For Firefox browser users, goto to the upper right of the screen and click on the 3 horizontal bars ("Open Menu"), click on "Add-Ons", click on "Get Add-Ons", at the bottom of the screen click on "See More Add-Ons!". A new page will open up, look for "photobucket embed fix", touch it with your mouse pointer and then click on "+ Add to Firefox" then "Add".

For Google Chrome browsers, type in "photobucket embed fix" in the browser search/URL bar and click on the "photobucket embed fix" link.
Modify message

Thanks Eric but I would imagine that this only works if you are using Firefox to browse the web, if you use Edge or IE then it won't work.  Fortunately I use Firefox exclusively
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 06:47:04 pm »
I suspect Photobucket will start deleting albums of non paying folk, but for now all my pictures are back. I use Google Chrome as a web browser.

Offline DC

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2017, 06:52:26 pm »
Very cool, I can see pictures again ;D ;D

Offline darinputman

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2017, 10:37:08 pm »
Worked for me Eric, thanks.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2017, 03:28:59 pm »
PERFECT! Using Chrome.
THANKS!!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2017, 03:45:22 pm »
Great Eric.I'm on google chrome.I'll give it a try according to your last listed instructions for photobucket embed fix.What do you mean modify message?I clicked on photobucket embed fix.I have the app for embed fix on my bar.Don't understand how to get photos from photobucket with it.
I sill have my pictures with photobucket but want to part ways with them.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 04:25:01 pm by Beadman »
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2017, 05:06:56 pm »
Ed . . . believe "the fix" just involves enabling you/others to see the pics in photobucket that you've linked to in places like here on PA posts.

I wish there were an automatic way to copy all my pics in photobucket to imgur!!   (-P
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2017, 11:59:56 am »
Ha! Take that you photobucket dastards!

Thanks Eric!
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2017, 03:26:49 pm »
If you find it, Knoll, let me know.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2017, 11:56:10 am »
I'm able to transfer my pictures from photobucket to imgur clicking on the direct line.1 picture at a time.I have over 450 pictures to transfer to imgur.Maybe someone has found this out already I don't know.My photobucket account says I'm getting charged 30.00 or so a year for my pictures but still able to transfer pictures to a forum.
I'm going to cancel my photobucket account as soon as all pictures are transfered to imgur I think.That is'nt stopping photobucket yet from cancelling out pictures to the PA forum I don't think if I cancel on them.Not sure I should cancel but I don't like paying that 30.00 fee yet too.But I will have my pictures from photobucket to imgur yet and not as hostage any more.I suppose I would have to go back to each and every picture I submitted to the forum and replace it with an imgur image???All new pictures will go to imgur.
BowEd
Ed

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2017, 12:16:11 pm »
Also I don't think that when I cancel with photobucket that they can make the images cancel I transferred from them to imgur?Well It's all done and transferred.Took over 3 hours to do.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 03:39:40 pm by BowEd »
BowEd
Ed