Author Topic: Nocking Point Caused by Tiller? (Pics added)  (Read 2799 times)

Offline BarredOwl

Re: Nocking Point Caused by Tiller? (Pics added)
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2017, 05:30:37 pm »
Thanks Brad!  The 53# spine, 125 grain pointed arrow I'm shooting is hitting nock left consistently and it is cut down to 28" which is as short as I want to ever go.   So if you/I believe in bare shaft tuning I'd need a little stiffer spine.  I'm real tempted to get a dozen 55-60 spined shafts and if I have to run heavier points or leave them almost full length I'm just fine with that.  How's that logic sound?  Since I'm pretty close with a cut down shaft and a lighter point do you think i could get some full length 55-60# shafts dialed in with a heavier point and leavin them full length if need be? 

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2017, 06:24:20 pm »
yes that would work great,, with feathers they probably gonna work from full lenth to 28 inches,, wood arrows and bows are more forgiving than most think,, I shoot the longer arrow cause I kinda gap shoot,, and its easier for me to see where to hold,, I think they are a bit more forgiving and stable coming off the bow,,
if you execute a perfect shot and release anything works well, but the longer arrow with feather gonna give you perfect arrow flight with slight variation in your form,, that being said,, I bet your arrow with feathers gonna shoot good,, if its shooting weak,,, ,,,,,,,,,just lower your brace a bit, and I bet it works fine,,

« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 06:31:25 pm by bradsmith2010 »

mikekeswick

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2017, 06:57:08 am »
Try some 45 - 50# shafts/125 grain points/28 inches and weaken your upper limb a shade.

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2017, 07:46:50 am »
That tiller looks great! Very nice.

Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!