Author Topic: Be Careful  (Read 3420 times)

Offline burchett.donald

Be Careful
« on: September 29, 2017, 07:43:51 pm »
      Be careful guy's...! My buddy killed this Timber Rattler, AKA Canebreak laying across a small dirt road on his way out from hunting...Check out his snake boots  ??? Said he would drop it off for me in the AM...I will measure and weigh it when he does...Early season can be dangerous here in South Carolina...
                                                                                                                                              Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline osage outlaw

Re: Be Careful
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 08:56:23 pm »
Beautiful colors on that one.  It will make a great backing
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 10:11:03 pm »
Timber rattlers are one of my favorite skins. If big enough you can split them down the middle so one skin works on both limbs.
Most of my hunting has been is either middle GA or coastal SC so I'm very familiar with timber rattlers.  :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 10:25:09 pm »
Methinks I will go with the Apache snake boots!  That is one big snake!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline half eye

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2017, 01:54:02 pm »
Don,
    You fellas can have them and the other snakes, wasps, hornets gators etc. all to yer selves sir. Gives "setting in the blind" a whole new meaning. Them snakes grow big there for sure, so dont share your ground blind with any of 'em......be real careful my friend.
rich

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2017, 06:23:42 pm »
  Clint and Pat, they are beautiful skins and can be split so many ways, even the belly is marked well...
  Hawk, I wear my snake boots all season here, but since I hunt on the ground in natural veg. I have to be real careful reaching down...
  Rich, remember the copper head that was in my blind all day until it cooled down and started moving...I have had Timber, copperhead and moccasin glide through my blind...I am up on a stool wearing snake boots, need to watch my hands when reaching for a drink or grunt call... :o
                                                                                                               Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2017, 08:07:26 pm »
Where do you live Donald? I grew up in Savannah, lived in Bluffton SC before moving here to the mountains of NC in 1990.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2017, 04:03:26 am »
  Pat,
          I live in Sumter, SC... 30 minutes from lake Marion and Sparkleberry Swamp...Lot's of great fishing and hunting in my area... )F(  :-D 
                                                      Don

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2017, 08:07:15 am »
...and snakes!  :OK

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2017, 03:38:07 pm »
wow thats a beaut,,, itl to two bows,,

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2017, 07:29:48 pm »
  Glenn froze the snake...I will be sure to post pics and measurements when I tack it up...May have to buy a board from Lowes to fit this one, they can be wide... I use a staple gun for tacking
                                                                                                                               Don

Offline selfbow joe

• 1-812-344-1590
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2017, 07:53:23 pm »
Nice timber rattler. Like the color.

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2017, 06:56:00 am »
  Talked to Glen at work and he has snake skinned and rolled up in the freezer for me, says it was around 4 feet long...It's amazing how it looked 6 feet long in the picture...Camera made it look 6 ft. Still glad he saved for me...You may see it on a bendy this winter...
                                                                                       Thanks, Don

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2017, 03:28:56 am »
Nice snake, love his snake boots, yipessssss.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2017, 07:18:35 am »
Cute, little thing.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?