Author Topic: View from the stand 2017  (Read 25128 times)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: View from the stand 2017
« Reply #90 on: December 14, 2017, 06:29:12 am »
Oh tried to take pictures but my phone didn't like the cold and battery went dead . Just got this one darn I could have gotten some nice ones
Story on page 7
Bjrogg
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 06:37:07 am by bjrogg »
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #91 on: December 14, 2017, 07:51:38 am »
Good matter of fact story BJ.You guys have been getting the snow there.Makes it feel colder for sure.The cold here would kill my camera batteries too I'm afraid so I don't even bother.It's still gun season going on here and the deer are spooked pretty good.I'm usually out there for a least 3 hours when bow hunting and most times longer.When it gets below 30 degrees I'm out of there especially for that amount of time.I'm using a blind now too which does help to a degree.
I do plan on getting another shot though sometime.I won't be too picky either....lol.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #92 on: December 14, 2017, 01:01:24 pm »
Thanks Ed, it's still muzzle loarder here and the deer are still really nervous here to. In fact it was the first time I saw any in the daylight since Nov 15th the start of our shotgun season. It's getting to where they are getting hungry and cold. They've had it pretty good till now but it's going to get though for them now. They seem to be herding up now which isn't going to make it any easier with the stick bow. I got lots of venison from friends who didn't want to deal with it so at least that pressure is off. I saw a lot of wildlife and that's really all it takes for me to enjoy the hunt. I would very much like to get closer though and maybe just maybe get another shot. No regrets other than messing up the shot I did take. It's been my favorite hunting season as a total I've ever had. Lots of good close encounters.
Good Luck Ed and anyone else still hunting out there.
Bjrogg

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #93 on: December 15, 2017, 06:41:53 pm »
That point in the pic looks like it might be a piece of TV screen. I bet "it well cut". :)
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #94 on: December 15, 2017, 08:53:42 pm »
Yes sir Bill, it looks like ice and yes "it will cut" now the real question is "will it kill"lol.
Bjrogg

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #95 on: December 21, 2017, 07:15:33 pm »
Well our snow melted and I went out to my west fence row. The deer liked the hay field with some green growth protected by the now melted snow. Snapped a couple pictures. Not sure you can see them but there's  a couple groups of deer in the field. They never got close enough but they are calming down a bit.It started snowing shortly after and I walked home with about a half inch of snow on the ground. We're supposed to get 3 to 5 " tonight.
Bjrogg

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #96 on: December 22, 2017, 06:24:56 am »
Love the pictures thanks guys for sharing, and yes I can see the deer. Yep just a tad out of my instinctive range. ;) Maybe if I was a tube shooter. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 08:23:54 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #97 on: December 22, 2017, 08:25:38 am »
Good pics BJ.Looks like a sizeable amount of deer in your area yet.They make sure they've got a lot of space between cover and them.Starting to see groups here too in a relaxed type mood.Like most areas they seem to herd up this time of year.Here too.Just plain too far away for a shot.
Sounds like you'll still get a white christmas there.Not here though.Mostly drizzle and rain.First one in quite a while I'd say too.Winter is'nt over with yet by no means either.
I did happen to see a nice buck with some does yet but the chances of him getting into the right spot are pretty slim.Never know though with this hunting.Seems like sometimes that's when the stars align.....lol.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #98 on: December 24, 2017, 08:30:53 am »
Yep Ed same here, but as I have said you can go from Zero to Hero in just the blink of an eye, main thing is you have to be out there. ;) We got 2 or 3 more weeks and I am sure I will be out after them a few more time before it is over, just been kind of taking a break for a few days and through Christmas. Miss Joanie likes me focused of home and family through the holidays and I like to be also.  ;) :) No snow here either but it sure feels like it could, supposed to be cold [down in the teens] this coming week so my MI. and N.Y boys should feel right at home.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #99 on: December 24, 2017, 09:26:30 am »
Thanks Ed, Thanks Pappy.
It's the same here to. They are all herding up and in larger groups then they were in earlier. Makes it tougher but like you said Pappy, as long as your out there anything can happen. Ive been trying to zero in on them but also like Pappy said family and the holiday come first. It's really supposed to get cold here now.
We have about 4"or 5" now and suppose to get about that much more tonight. Pretty soon the fox and coyotes will be looking for mates. They could use some thinning out around here before Mother Nature does the job herself. Merry Christmas to everyone
Bjrogg

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #100 on: April 10, 2018, 04:21:19 am »
I just found the thread, again. Sure was great to see all those pics of the different hunting grounds. I hope to participate this year in the fun. We have had a pretty substantial part of our area clear cut and it should be fun having the new vistas to watch and the new habits of the animals to adapt to. I am turkey hunting this weekend so I will try to keep things going with some pics.