Author Topic: Thermacell  (Read 4086 times)

Offline osage outlaw

Re: Thermacell
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2017, 08:48:50 am »
I had mine on when I killed that doe at 10 yards last weekend.  I've killed quite a few deer while using them.  I haven't noticed it bothering them.  Even if the smell does alert them I figure it can't be as bad as the movement of me swatting mosquitos away every 10 seconds. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2017, 10:02:36 am »
I've had deer walk ten yards from me with a Thermacell going. They are a "must have" hunting down here. I carry two in case one quits working.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2017, 01:16:05 pm »
I've had one for years but never had to used it. The guys that I know that use them have never had a problem with deer smelling them. They say that because the repellent is heated that it rises so it stays off the ground. They place the Thermacell on the platform under their treestand seat so the repellent rises around them.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2017, 02:23:06 pm »
None, full moon, they are probably moving at midday, I was going in the evening. I drive through 500 acres of soybeans on my way and usually see deer crossing from the woods to the beans after dark, didn't see anything yesterday so the critters were laying low.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2017, 03:12:55 pm »
Here is the thermacell cartridge and the Conair butane cartridge.  It says thermacell on it.  They are slightly cheaper than the thermacell brand.  Not exactly a fraction of the cost.  They are identical in shape.

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left