Author Topic: Rock pile  (Read 2489 times)

Offline Bone pile

Rock pile
« on: October 06, 2017, 05:53:34 am »
Hurricane Irma messed up my den and I have to replace roof and drywall. Outside my den is where I knapp so for the first time in years I have to move all my rock and knapping stuff. I found a lot of  cool rock I forgot was there. 12 crates and 4 buckets later it's relocated !
Venice Florida

Offline JEB

Re: Rock pile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 07:03:07 am »
Bummer on all the damage and troubles for you folks down there.  We just keep reading about it up here and don't have the first hand knowledge about how bad it is and was. Hang in there.

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 08:41:31 am »
Well at least there's one bright spot in all of that trouble. Wish you the best fixing things back up bone pile. I know it can't be much fun living with the clean up, demolition and repairs. It's good you found or refound you rock collection. When you get stuff back to normal it'll be good to see what you do with that stone.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 09:35:38 am »
Well I see you have the mandatory mosquito spray for knapping outdoors.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Parnell

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 10:56:10 am »
If you feel overburdened with all that rock, you just let me know buddy.  Always happy to help out a neighbor. ;) ;D

Hope the repairs are going well.  Most of the debris piles down here are still untouched.  It's taking them a lot of time.  The piles are managing to naturally shrink, though
1’—>1’

Offline paulc

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 11:10:41 am »
Gotta find something good in post storm recovery otherwise its pretty overwhelming >:(  I like throwing out all the crap I have but haven't seen in years.  Good to lighten the load as it were.  And make room for more crap  :)

Paul

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2017, 11:29:59 am »
Funny thing, that's what my wife says about the garage and the "gun room", and we haven't even had a storm, much less a hurricane.  Hope everything goes well with your clean up and repairs!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Parnell

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2017, 01:33:18 pm »
Gotta find something good in post storm recovery otherwise its pretty overwhelming >:(  I like throwing out all the crap I have but haven't seen in years.  Good to lighten the load as it were.  And make room for more crap  :)

Paul

Paul, it's been interesting to watch how this is kinda a natural part of what people go through.  People's garbage piles have been prime for picking lately.  The salvage crews have been out in full force collecting scrap. 

If I could just get my wife to take stock of her shoes and clothes... ;D
1’—>1’

Offline Zuma

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2017, 02:29:29 pm »
Lol that reminds me of giving Clinton a big nodule of Georgetown and Obsidian down on Dauphin Island.
After Katrina they were the only solid things left in his yard.
 Never under estimate those crap piles. I found a dandy single shot Spanish .410
in one after Andrew. Oh yeah there is one headed Clinton's way right now.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2017, 09:46:00 pm »
Steve, She need's those shoes! :D ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?