Author Topic: California Under Seige  (Read 2206 times)

Offline Zuma

California Under Seige
« on: October 10, 2017, 06:59:00 pm »
I think there are at least a dozen wild fires all over CA. Many have died and the
destruction is worse than I can remember. Give a shout to love ones there,
pray for them and others.
Please don't forget the heroic fire fighters. It looks like it is getting worse.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Hawkdancer

Re: California Under Seige
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 10:41:20 pm »
It is about the worst fire season they have in the last 50 years.  I understand they are calling in the big air tankers as soon as the winds drop a bit.  It is real dangerous flying into high winds at low altitude to drop  retardant!  Hope the winds shift, and no one else is hurt, but there are nearly 200 people missing/unaccounted for.  Send your thoughts as you believe!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 07:53:55 am »
I saw a news story where a forester built his house in a fire prone area and took every precaution to make his land and house fire resistant. A huge wildfire swept through his subdivision and his was the only house left untouched.

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 10:13:21 am »
Yes indeed, things firewise have been pretty bad this year! Just around Yosemite we have lost nearly 100 homes and damage to miles of fences and property. My wife has family in Santa Rosa and we both have friends in that area. We shall see how it turns out....

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 11:53:18 am »
3500 homes destroyed already.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 03:59:16 pm »
Somebody needs to think about Controlled Burns.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2017, 09:56:41 am »
@ Mullet - oh there are lots of people that think about controlled burns. California is just too over regulated to support it! Air resources boards are the biggest blockers. Seems they would rather deal with emergencies than preventative maintenance. My insurance carrier has threatened to drop me if I do not do more fire abatement around my property. So much for my privacy screens....

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2017, 10:39:34 am »
It's up to 6500 homes and businesses.  (A)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Zuma

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2017, 10:03:04 pm »
I can't help but think that there is some foul play involved.
What tragedy.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.