Author Topic: Beauty of a trade bow from sleek  (Read 2542 times)

Offline hunterbob

Beauty of a trade bow from sleek
« on: October 26, 2017, 07:46:16 pm »
Well after a long wait sleek and his wife came through with a bow and case worthy of every second of my wait. Kevin didn't leave nothing out of this bow it has it all. Sinew copperhead skins mammoth ivory buffalo horn bamboo. I will let sleek tell you about his design and the rest of the makeup for this bow. I was never a short bow shooter until this bow it feels like I am shooting a 64" longbow no finger pinch at all and pretty fast also . It will definitely kill a whitetail.  And the hand made case is a work of art all in itself  alot of attention to detail in the case and bow. I can't thank sleek enough and a special thanks to seeks wife also she was a big part in this as well. Sleek will be along to post up some pictures for me.
this design of bow I would of never thought would spit an arrow so fast . The bw is 43@28. Sleek will give you all the dimensions.  Thanks again kevin. And wait till you guys see pictures of the case. Outstanding . Thanks. Kevin wife.

Offline hunterbob

Re: Beauty of a trade bow from sleek
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 08:02:16 pm »
Almost forgot also got 6 arrows with turkey fletch and made out of leperwood

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 08:05:09 pm »
leopardwood

Offline sleek

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 08:23:41 pm »
I cant claim the arrows as my own craftsmanship, thats all Warpath. 

Im glad you got it safe and sound. You can only imagine what fears i had when I thought of Usps handleing my baby.... im glad you like it so well. It was a fun build to do, and I am happy with its outcome. I wish you luck in the woods and on the range with it. Heres a few pics. The only dimension I think needs to be added is its 50 inches ntn when strung. We gadda get a pic of you at full draw though.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline sleek

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 08:25:56 pm »
I gadda find a better way to make an arrow rack inside the case thats not unsightly white foam.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2017, 09:56:02 pm »
Well, Bob, you have managed to corner the market on bows from "The Gathering" gang!
First from Pat.
Then from me.
And now this lovely weapon from Kevin.
Congrats, bud!!
Wonderful looking bow there, Kevin!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Dakota Kid

• Maker of Things
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2017, 10:26:46 pm »
I gadda find a better way to make an arrow rack inside the case thats not unsightly white foam.

That foam comes in black too. You could wrap/glue on felt or fleece as well.

To be honest though the rest of the package was so awesome I didn't even notice the foam. 
I have nothing but scorn for all weird ideas other than my own.
~Terrance McKenna

Offline penderbender

• island life...
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2017, 11:51:04 pm »
To be honest I had to go back and look after reading. Such a sweet set I didn't notice. Cheers- Brendan

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2017, 05:10:44 am »
Knoll. I have also got a couple other bows from other members on this wonderful site also.
The case is something to see in person . The skill level on both the bow and the case is about as good as it get.
It's going to be a pleasure caring this bow to the woods .
Sleek definitely thought outside the box on this build . I hope to see more people trying there hand at this design. So I can see more build alongs. :^). Way out of my skill level as of now . And may always be.

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2017, 05:57:28 am »
You are a lucky man indeed.  8)
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2017, 04:55:21 pm »
Sounds like you nailed this one Kevin
looks cool
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Peacebow_Coos

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2017, 12:54:48 am »
Dang, that's a looker and a performer!  Nice work Sleek

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2017, 08:03:42 am »
I took sleeks bow out to the tree stad with me yesterday along with arrows made by Ryan Gill and a quiver made by Bobby Ratcliff aka (highnoonhunter) had a good opportunity to shoot a squirrel but didn't want to ruin the Knapped arrowheads on Ryans arrows . I am saving them for a deer. I should of taken some other arrows with me. Cause even a squirrel would be a trophy with my set up in my eyes. My son was out with me sitting about 150 yards apart and he seen a 6 point and a doe between us and said he thought it was coming my way . But never happened they went out to the power line.  Oh well was still a great evening in the stand. Great view and beautiful colors and a beautiful bow to sit and look at.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2017, 10:28:37 am »
Very nice!  If you don't make meat, it won't be the fault of the gear. (SH) :-D!!  That is a lot of great plunder!   Sleek, Ms. Sleek,  Warpath done good!!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2017, 07:24:22 pm »
  Bob, glad your happy buddy...That is some seriously bent Osage from Sleek...Looks like he and his wife put some love into that kit...Hope you stick a big Ohio buck brother...
                                                                                                               Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;