Author Topic: This editon of PA magazine  (Read 4218 times)

Offline JEB

This editon of PA magazine
« on: October 14, 2017, 10:24:25 am »
Another outstanding edition was received yesterday and wouldn't ya know it. It had a great article written by BJRogg in it and a photo with a little history of Pat B.

I read BJ's article  and enjoyed it very much. BJ and I started this primitive journey almost in the same way by collecting points. My wife and I met up with BJ and his wife at Marshall this past spring and had a great visit.  I gave the magazine to Chris and she read it and in her words, "he wrote this from his heart" and I have to agree.

I then went to Pat's page and said this is the person that made our grand daughters possible's bag. Her first words were, "his beard is ALMOST as long as our sons". We spoke at length again about the bag and what a great job Pat did on it. Pat you are a man of many talents.

Thanks again for two fine articles by members of this family.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: This editon of PA magazine
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 10:37:09 am »
I haven't seen it yet, Jon. Maybe it will come today.
I bet my beard is older than your son!     ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JEB

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 10:54:36 am »
Maybe, he turned 45 yesterday.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 11:02:23 am »
My beard turned 48 in July.  :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 01:06:38 pm »
Thanks Jeb. Makes me feel good to hear Chris said that. It certainly was. This was actually the first article I ever wrote.
     Sure pray everyone is doing good.
Thanks again
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 07:51:13 pm »
Now I want my magazine. ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Zuma

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2017, 10:14:19 pm »
Nice Jeb, BJ, Pat. Very nice.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Stixnstones

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2017, 09:31:19 am »
Great story BJ, definetly a good read. And tge piece about Patwas a goodun as well.
DevilsBeachSelfbows

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2017, 06:56:45 pm »
It's a good one Eddie, lots of good stories in it and I think there's going to be some really good ones coming from Ryan and Mike soon.
Thanks Zuma and stixnstones, it really was a simple process submitting the article. I really would like to see some articles from some of you guys. I really think there's some good stories that deserve to be shared.
Thanks again
Bjrogg

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2017, 09:20:24 pm »
Buffalogobbler(Kevin) interviewed a few folks at the Tenn. Classic last spring so others will be coming.
I didn't get my copy yet. Hopefully Monday.

Offline PNewton

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2017, 04:57:45 am »
Great article BJ. Did your cousin find all those arrowheads around your area?

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2017, 06:07:03 am »
Thanks Paul. I would say most were found within forty miles of here. Many of them much less. I think he might have a couple from out of state not sure. He is always and I mean always looking. I know he has a few places he likes to return to. I also know a few spots were gravel pits that are now relocated on a road somewhere. He doesn't like to give out to much information even to me. He did tell me about this one site that was going to be developed that he found a huge pile of discarded flakes and three hammer stones laying next to it all lined up in a row like they had just been left there. I have made some points from discarded flakes that he has found. I also used one of his many hammer stones that he has found. It just really is a amazing feeling to me shareing the same stone flakes and tools that another has used many many years ago. He gets asked a lot to show his collection and makes a concerted effort to do as much as possible. He lets kids and adults look and even hold his points. He would like me to come with him to one and demonstrate knapping and show some of my bows, arrows and knapped points and knives. We are planning on one this coming summer.
Bjrogg

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2017, 07:35:21 am »
Nice work BJ and Kevin. Hopefully they take care of you.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2017, 08:12:46 am »
Thanks Pearl, I bartered with them on my last article. It worked out good for both of us. I'm very happy with that trade.
 Bjrogg

Offline PNewton

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2017, 08:32:16 am »
Thanks BJ. I've looked around our fields and along the creek for years but haven't had any luck finding one yet.