Author Topic: Can a proud dad brag a little bit?  (Read 6453 times)

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: Can a proud dad brag a little bit?
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2017, 09:01:10 pm »
It ain't bragging if it is the unvarnished truth! Good for her.  You have plenty of reasons to be proud of her, she's a pretty dang good kid if you hadn't noticed!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2017, 07:28:39 pm »
Today was the state finals meet.  It was a great experience for her.  She got to leave school early on Friday.  All of the students and teachers came out of the classrooms and lined the hallways.  They all clapped and cheered for her as she walked out.  She got to tour the cross country museum Friday evening.  Today was in the low 30's and windy.  Plus the course was a muddy mess from the rain Friday night.  It was less than ideal running conditions.  She still finished with a good time.  It was slower than last weeks time but was faster than when she won the sectional meet.  She is already talking about making it back there next year. 

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2017, 07:50:34 pm »
My wife ran a 5K this morning and finished with a time of 25 min 30 sec. I told her about your daughter doing it in less than 20 and she was very impressed. She said she always tried to break 20 min in high school, but never did it. She was always a few seconds over. She did get a scholarship to Hobart/William Smith College though, so sounds like your baby girl should consider applying for one.  ;)

Congrats to you both once again!
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Offline Otis

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2017, 08:06:49 pm »
That is great Clint. You have a daughter to brag about. I think she has had some good raising.  You have every right to be proud and do a lot of bragging.

David

Offline paoliguy

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2017, 11:04:12 am »
That is great Clint! I'm glad to hear of her great success but it's even better to see the father's pride in his daughter!

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2017, 09:22:03 pm »
Congrats to your daughter Clint sounds like she has some good goals that she wants to set in running, Hope she breaks her aunts record! My daughter is running in her 3rd straight varsity sate meet as a freshman this Saturday I hope the course is muddy and weather is cold cause she runs her best when its like that. Don't make no sense to me. See you the 2nd weekend of December for a little   (SH) :BB (=) and Bills  -C-

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2017, 11:55:06 am »
Gutshot,
Good luck and good running to your daughter!  Hope we have 2 proud dads with bragging rights! Some runners like the cooler temperatures or tolerate it better, most hate it! Anything below 50 F is cold!  Wind is a real pita! I ran cc, many years ago, wasn't very good, then the army got a hold on me and I improved a bit.  Still do 10km walks now, but hopefully I can jog some come spring!  Great sport and you can enjoy it just for the pleasure of running.  Keeps the heart and lungs working, and meets the recommended exercise goals.  Maybe we should create a "self bow biathlon " with age brackets, (no wheelies or a separate class with longer runs >:D >:D)!  Whoa, got too windy on that reply!  Anyway Good luck to your daughter again!  Clint, your girl "Done good""
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry