Author Topic: shooting at deer,,,video added  (Read 5047 times)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Re: shooting at deer,,,
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2017, 11:55:50 am »
Brad I meant the arrow would hit high shooting down hill so I do aim a little lower shooting downhill and from a stand at a close shot,but not on a flat shot much.That all depends on the length of the shot too.Every bow has it's point on yardage shot placement.The faster the bow the more length of yardage for point spot on aiming and the flatter the bow shoots.Misplacement or incorrect use of words there previously.I'll correct now.
Hope you all get what I mean.
It's what they call compensation for the arch in archery with arrow filght....lol.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 01:10:56 pm by BowEd »
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline bradsmith2010

Re: shooting at deer,,,
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2017, 12:01:23 pm »
got it,, thanks

Offline bradsmith2010

Re: shooting at deer,,,video added
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2017, 02:02:16 pm »
this is a video I saw today,, someone shot at a deer and is still looking for it,, posted this to get opinion if the hit was good,, I thought it was a perfect example of the deer moving after the shoot,, you can see the deer spinning away a down as the arrow is coming,, hard to tell about the hit,, sometimes I watch it and think its good and sometimes it looks a bit high and angled to forward,, I hope he finds it,, they are just that fast,,,

https://youtu.be/qp2nUCv7tWc

I went back and read the post, it was a 15 yard shot,,I dont know the bow and arrow set up,,
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 04:29:57 pm by bradsmith2010 »

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2017, 02:46:41 pm »
ok the bow was 47# fiberglass,,
way enough at 15 yards,, I shot a doe one year about the same angle etc,, had good blood,, went back and got my dog,, jumped the deer in the thick stuff sometime later,, tracked 1/2 mile at least,, dog dragged me through some really rough stuff,, finally got to edge of property,, and my dog just looked at me like,,,, "this deer aint dead what are we doing" so I quit it,,,

looking back, on that angle,, if its a bit high you gonna get shoulder and neck muscle and not much vital less you get lucky and hit that artery by the spine,, or spine,,
     my advice to myself after that was dont aim right behind the shoulder on going away angle,,
      aim more to the middle of the deer and low,, even if you hit back,, you gonna get liver and get the deer,,, thats my thoughts on deer shooting today, hope you guys having some luck, b

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2017, 07:33:01 am »
Looking at a good diagram of a deers' vitals can reveal some info for placement of arrow/angles/and where their protected the best and the least.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed