Author Topic: Clay Hayes . . . Back Tension vid  (Read 5015 times)

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
Clay Hayes . . . Back Tension vid
« on: January 24, 2018, 08:00:09 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOSI5D52hpE

Clay just posted this on youtube. Prop he uses to explain advantages of good back tension was useful to me.
Some others may find it helpful.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline DC

Re: Clay Hayes . . . Back Tension vid
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 11:41:31 am »
Great video. He makes good videos, glad he dumped that little musical intro. I made one of those Form Masters a while ago. It's a neat gadget.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 06:49:38 am »
Nice video, thanks for sharing. Never meet him but He is coming to the TN. Classic this year, now at least I will know what he looks like. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 06:51:05 am »
Pappy I'm glad he's coming. I think you'll like him. He has a fantastic aditude towards primitive hunting and is doing a lot to try to promote it. I forget the names of the videos he's done on hunting but I've watched at least three that where very well done. He hunts like this for the reasons  we do. He loves the close encounters and isn't afraid to watch that "trophy shooter" walk by just out of selfbow range. He puts out some real helpful videos. I watched a bunch of them when I first started building bows.
Bjrogg
PS some of his shooting and form tips helped me a lot. He has a simple way of explaining things. Nothing complicated.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 06:55:15 am by bjrogg »
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 06:38:53 am »
Glad to hear that BJ, sounds like he will fit right in.  ;) Look forward to meeting him. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline NorthHeart

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 11:40:12 am »
Met Clay Hays at BCHA rendezvous in Missoula, MT.  Great guy, easy to talk to and every bit as down to earth as he is on camera.

Offline Parnell

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2018, 01:30:47 pm »
That's interesting and nice to see he'll be at The Classic.  I enjoy his videos, also.  Be fun to meet him.
1’—>1’