Author Topic: Free staves  (Read 2985 times)

Offline wildcat hunter

Free staves
« on: October 29, 2017, 07:42:04 pm »
  I'm done working on staves. My shoulder is worse now than before I got it worked on several years ago and the doctor said I just have to live with it.
SO, as they say - my loss is your gain.   ::)
 I have a lot of stave wood up for grabs. Its free ! Just bring a trailer or a heavy duty truck and haul them away. There are some Osage, Walnut, Black Locust, Ash. Some are split, some are logs. I do not want to ship.
 I live in Bedford County, PA, ) Buffalo Mills ). Thats 20 + miles North of Cumberland, Maryland.
 I like to work with wood so I bought a lathe and will turn the wood if nobody can take it. But I would rather somebody get it.
 Its worth a trip to get it. If you are buying staves and paying for shipping you'll get a lot more for your time and gas to come and get these staves.   :OK

Offline Hawkdancer

Re: Free staves
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 11:07:17 am »
I'm too far away (2k miles) to make a run for it, darn!  If you decide that you would ship staves, be more than glad to front the cost.  Bummer in the shoulder surgery :'(.  Will send pm.
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline leadblimp

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 11:21:59 am »
If you were willing to ship, I too would be glad to front the cost. Good luck with the turnings!

Offline wildcat hunter

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 04:30:13 pm »

I hate to ship something like staves. That means I have to pick them out and I might send something you cannot use. Puts me on the spot. A lot of the Osage is twisted, locusts are straight, Walnut - not sure about. I never could make a walnut bow that didn't break.
 I'll look at the stuff and get back to you guys.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 08:52:21 pm »
Sorry to hear your shoulder turned traitor on you. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Swolebowman

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 06:16:02 pm »
I live right in that area and have been looking for some staves, if any are still available txt me 5704233668