Author Topic: Don Bruton rifle?  (Read 3842 times)

Offline loefflerchuck

• www.heartwoodbows.com
Don Bruton rifle?
« on: October 31, 2017, 11:11:07 pm »
 I was offered a trade of a Don Bruton rifle. He got it about 2 years ago and has shot it a couple hundred times. The rifle has a 44" 58 Cal barrel with Exceptional Curley Maple wood. Patchbox, and Carveing in 1760s Virginia style. Anybody know his work and a rough value I can work with?
Thanks
Chuck

Offline Eric Krewson

Re: Don Bruton rifle?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 06:58:05 am »
He is well thought of in the gun making world, google his name for his website, very nicely made guns.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 08:29:09 am »
I know Don well and he makes great guns and knives. I have one of Don's knives but can't afford his guns.  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 11:45:50 am »
You might try contacting Don for info about the rifle.  Flintlock or percussion?  I do know the .58cal will hit hard!  Both ends >:D!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 11:49:27 am »
Don lives in Pickens County SC. His trade name is Whitewolf 17..(something)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline looper

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 01:05:42 am »
I'm probably a little late to the conversation, but Don's one of my best friends, as well as my mentor. If that gun has carving on it, snatch it up. Value would be at least $2700, maybe more depending on how much carving he did and other options.