Author Topic: I love the nothing to lose staves, pics added  (Read 4751 times)

Offline bradsmith2010

Re: I love the nothing to lose staves, pics added
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2017, 01:55:21 pm »
I love this design, or lack of design,, just one bending piece of wood,, here is the handle or really no handle,, and side profile holding pretty good,,

Online Badger

« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2017, 02:10:19 pm »
   maybe the word style would fit, I like that style bow they are good shooters and fun to make.

Offline DuBois

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2017, 02:38:12 pm »
Very nice!
I like messing with the messed uup staves for some reason but now have more clean wood to use. Character is great but hoping to make some bows I would feel 100% on if I gave them to someone to use.
Eric K-I do have a bunch of those twisty but clean billets to use also so it's good to know they are tameable.

Offline leonwood

• Leonwood Bows
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2017, 02:52:26 pm »
Oh yeah I like hat one! For me bowmaking is all about having fun and this is just that! Working on a leftover half rotten split of mulberry which most people ould have burned myself now (=)

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2017, 12:46:36 pm »
ok shot it out at 26 inches today,, 46#@26  165fps with 468 grain arrow,,fast flight string  61 1/2 nock to nock,,
it has some string follow,, I was careful,, but it took some set,,should have gone for 35 or 40 I guess,,
I did no heat treating,, I feel like it turned out nice considering I wasnt expecting a bow,,
I might experiment with a light heat treating,, but it shoots nice so I may just go with as is,,it was a fun one,,
will post some pics when I get a handle on it,,

Offline Stick Bender

« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2017, 03:22:47 pm »
I'm glad you saved that one before the bugs eat it all should send a note of thanks to the supplier  >:D
If you fear failure you will never Try !

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2017, 08:38:41 pm »
 (-P
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2017, 06:02:24 am »
Nice work Brad.I always like your bows even though I don't make the same kind very often.It's good to show what is just setting around taking space can turn into an excellent bow yet.Satisfying experience.I've got a bunch of knarly staves myself I should look into.Too busy about hunting yet though but I'll get to them.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2017, 11:04:55 am »
yes sometimes I am not in thre mood to work on the challenging one,, but sometimes its fun, ,I would rather deer hunt too,,